Sign in to follow this  

Dirt bikes made in USA

Intriguing I sent them an email. I'd like to find out if they go to any of the Oklahoma state races to let people look at them. After looking at dry weight on them though wouldn't be much fun around the MX track.

that customization "build your own" is awesome!!

I was wondering that last night as I was falling asleep... when you buy a brand new bike, why the hell dont they revalve/spring the suspension for your weight/skill, etc.. straight from the factory?

I know if these bikes are legit when they come out im going to buy one, I like the quad as well.

The 350cc Trail has my interest. Didn't one of the mags do a brief story on one of them?

interesting but they look cheap, america can't compete with the off shore manufacturing but if your willing to pay a bit more maybe they'll be worth it?

interesting but they look cheap, america can't compete with the off shore manufacturing but if your willing to pay a bit more maybe they'll be worth it?

yeah I agree, they do look cheap and retarded like those cheap chinese knockoffs. they just dont have that badass look that the jap bikes have IMO.

There is a review of them in the current or last months issue of Dirtbike magazine.

They have a pic of a guy blowing his nose in a creek on the front page :thumbsup:

It would take a lot of $ and time in R&D to come anywhere close to Jap and Euro bikes.

But I am glad someone is stepping up and trying. I think many people would rather buy American if they were competitive.

very interesting....i find it odd though how they talk about their patent pending motor designs and having the highest power to weight ratio yet there are zero HP claims on the spec sheets.....

They aren't entirely new or American.In the March 2010 issue of Dirtbike magazine there is a story about Highland.Here is a copy of the paragraph where they detail the history of Highland.It's straight from the magazine and not my words.Its titled A new American motorcycle company with Swedish motorcycles.

If you have heard the name,it's probably associated with Swedish motorcycles from the early 2000's.As we understand it,the history goes back 15 years earlier,when Cagiva purchased Husquvarna back in the 80's and moved the company to Italy.That put a lot of grumpy Swedish engineer's in the unemployment lines.Some of them migrated to Husaberg,and others got involved with a development company called Folan.They designed a lightweight V-twin motor,as well as a Husaberg-like single,in the mid 90's. After that,the history gets a little confusing, but Cannondale,ATK and others all vied for the motors.Eventually,they found their way into a limited-production Swedish bike called Highland.Again,we don't know all the business details,but the bottom line is that the company is in the process of moving to Oaklahoma,where the plan is to produce custom built dirt bikes one at a time.

If the bike is competitive with the top brands, I personally would be willing to spend a little extra cash on it just to keep the money in our country. Just my two cents.

they tested thier quad in dirt wheels mag this month the guys that started it worked at cannondale back in the day