USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Am I nuts? Built trick XRR and already thinking about selling my new XRR project?

...about trading or selling to build my next project!

I found this clean XR650R, decided to build the ultimate XRR bike and threw thousands of bucks on this thing. It's practically brand new, with every detail done right. So why am I already tired of it?

My wife says I have a sickness. I don't know, I'm just frustrated.

Am I nuts for thinking about selling/trading my restored and tricked XR650R for a 450X? I love this bike but can't help think about the same power but 50 lbs lighter!

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

Well, I'm sure you like to have a project, finish it, and then move onto the next one. It's an awesome looking bike. The only issue is that it would be hard to finad a buyer to full appreciate all the work you do.

How much ya want for it?

yeah I dont know, with all the money I've put into it I don't think I could imagine even selling the thing. Maybe a trade, but never a sale. In my head I know I'd have seller's remorse if I ever got rid of it. man I hate that feeling.

I've never owned an X but have ridden them, maybe it would do alright on the road I dunno. I do like the idea of being able to ad an oil cooler to the X for more oil capacity.

Edited by pwrpapa

See, I've even got some cast CBR F3 rims for this baby.

And I've got a 610SM Husky for additional duties. Now if I could find a buyer or trader for my Husky I could get me a new Huasaberg!

I have the same bug... just lack the bucks to feed it now! Once a project is done.... time to move on...

Am I nuts? Built trick XRR and already thinking about selling my new XRR project?

Yep! 110% certifiable

If anything, sell the Husky and get the 450x, then you'll have the best of both worlds.

I agree sell the Husky and buy another XRR and do a supermoto build.

I use to have this sickness. But for me it was with sport bikes. My current sport bike is a 99 R1. Its the last sport bike I will ever own. I am just getting to old to spend all day hunched over. But I think it something to do with building things. I have been taking things apart ever since I was a kid. I am sure if you think back you were the same way? I bet you are always on top of your bike service and looking for things that are not even broken too? Now to fill that void I fix bikes on the side. I enjoy it and I make a few buck on the side too. Its a nice bike but you will miss it when it gone. Ben

I don't know how much $$ you got into it, but I'm sure youre aware that you'll be selling the modifictations to get the money back and basically throwing the bike in for free.

I don't know how much $$ you got into it, but I'm sure youre aware that you'll be selling the modifictations to get the money back and basically throwing the bike in for free.

Yup, that's how it usually works. I take my parts off and either use them on another project or sell them on e-bay.

I've always lost money on bike projects but the fun of doing it out weigh the cost to me.

I get my money back through the enjoyment of the build:banghead: and of course riding the bike...:thumbsup:

I guy I work with told me he recently ran into some Honda supported desert riders, dont know who they were, my buddy has an 02 XR650R, he told them he too was thinking of switching to the 450X that they were riding, they told him no way, if it wasn't for Honda only supporting them on the 450X, they'd still be on the XR650R, their bike of choice. they pointed out how bullet proof it was and the maintenance on the X was too much, especially for a sport rider.???

what year is it?i,ll give you $2500,00 for it.

That's not a bad offer, assuming of course he takes every single aftermarket part off and returns it to a completely stock bike.

Sorry dude not for sale. Trade...maybe. The only offer of money I'd take would have to be closer to $4k or $2500 with all stuff taken off.

I dont know, I think I'm venting until next year when I can get me a 450 off-road bike.

"same power"...?

or "same torque" ???? ... at what RPM ???

If you do any street riding, I think you already know.... bigger motors = more smiles on pavement.

or am I missing the boat ?

Sorry dude not for sale. Trade...maybe. The only offer of money I'd take would have to be closer to $4k or $2500 with all stuff taken off.

I dont know, I think I'm venting until next year when I can get me a 450 off-road bike.

As gorgeous as your bike is, I'd be shocked if you get 4k out of it, given the state of things right now. All the same... I hope you do!

I tried selling mine last spring when I got my 950A. In hindsite, I'm glad it didn't sell, as it complements the big bike well.

No I'm not saying I'd sell it. I've got more than $4k into the bike but if I were to ever take a loss with all the parts I've got on it...

I'm going to keep it and pony up for 450 here nexzt year.