Sign in to follow this  

Oh yeah... I forgot I had one of those!

I have a 08 CRF450 and ride 2-3 times a week. I was riding at the track last week and totally forgot that my bike had a hot start! I never use the thing and never have needed it. My bike starts right away, even after crashing. I have an aftermarket perch so its not as noticible. How many of you actually use your hot start lever? I find the thing useless.

05 wr 250f ...never used it ....my bike starts just looking at it (even if it's upside down for a while --which happens when it falls off the side of a mountain) --really I barely touch the ebutton and it fires up .

I was wondering that also ..who uses the hotstart

03 yz250f......... my bike has different moods. sometimes it likes the hot start, other times it doesn't. as long as it starts and i'm riding, that's all that matters.

Must use on my 05 yz450f when i stall it/drop it hot or ill kick 5-6 times before it fires. first time with hot start

05 wr 250f ...never used it ....my bike starts just looking at it (even if it's upside down for a while --which happens when it falls off the side of a mountain) --really I barely touch the ebutton and it fires up .

I was wondering that also ..who uses the hotstart

I got a 05 wr too,never use the hot start,fires right up every time.:thumbsup:

Must use on my 05 yz450f when i stall it/drop it hot or ill kick 5-6 times before it fires. first time with hot start

Right on brother.

To my understanding, it leans out the fuel mixture allowing for easier starting. Dont know exactly how it works though

So it's kind of the opposite of a choke then? What do you do, just hold the little lever in while kicking until it starts? Thanks for asking how it works...I was wondering too...

I've always used it once the bike got warm, at some areas it wouldn't start unless I used it (after it had warmed up).

on my yzf I needed the hot start when it was warm. On the kxf the only time I use it is when I lay the bike over. Turn the gas off, pull the hot start, hold the gas wide open and the bike usually fires in 2 kicks or so. My yzf needed the hot start to start when it was warm since the day I've owned it.

Don't have one. Just hit the button and she fires up within 2-3 revolutions