CR125 low seat availability

I am even shorter, I shaved the seat foam down about an inch and a half to two inches, I cut it down so it has a bump in the back to promote sitting forward in cornering, I just use a serrated bread knife and used a sanding block to smooth it out, stretched my old seat cover looks good and it works, the toughest part was stretching the old cover to form the bump but I did it .

Seat shaving shouldn't be a problem. I just shaved down the seat on my 04 CR250, helped me a bunch. I used a shaper, looks like a cheese grater with a handle on it, it was like $5 at ACE hardware. Taking 1/2 to an inch will help a lot.

Remember the foam gets wider the closer you get towards the base and the lowest part of the seat will probably be where you sit most of the time and really affects your turning. I bought a cr with a seat shaved so low it was rediculous and the lowest part was too far back and low to get on the front of the bike to turn; the seat wasn't even usable. So i just bought a standard height SDG seat, i'm 5' 7" also.

at least from the shop talk I've heard, the lowering links degrade overall bike performance. Thus, dropping the height via the seat seems to be a better option.

I hadn't heard anything about the lowering link but I did buy one for my '03 CR125. For me the seat was too tall (I'm 6' 0") and the center of gravity was too high. The head angle on this bike is very tight so I only pulled the forks up 1/2" to compensate. The seat height feels perfect now and it no longer feels top heavy. The steering also feels improved. Plus the rear suspension actually works better too. If it wasn't for the link, I would have gotten rid of this bike...