Sign in to follow this  

Washington Terrible News

Yup, very sad. Our condolences to the family. I have been struggling with this all day and I just got home and my 7yo is begging me to ride and is all pumped up for the races this weekend. The NW list of fatalities keeps growing. RIP Trevor Fox 221

RIP 221

Yup, very sad. Our condolences to the family. I have been struggling with this all day and I just got home and my 7yo is begging me to ride and is all pumped up for the races this weekend. The NW list of fatalities keeps growing. RIP Trevor Fox 221

I haven't followed, but what do you think is the main cause of this? My first guess would be crowded parks?

RIP 221

I haven't followed, but what do you think is the main cause of this? My first guess would be crowded parks?

I don't really know. I mean how crowded do you think a Thursday at HR would be? I used to always say that modern bikes are so good that they breed over confidence and to a degree I still believe that is true. Us old timers were motoing in an era that if you made a mistake you payed. People say its the tracks and i dont buy into that, take a look at some of the old peak to peak doubles and triples we had back in the 80's. You made damn sure you cleared them or you rode home in the meat wagon.

Hearing it was a head injury I hope his helmet was not at fault.

There is a combination of factors at work and just due to the nature of the sport fatal accidents happen. He was not the first and he will not be the last, I just pray for the families and hope for the best for my own.

This is why I choose to race vintage motocross, despite being a bit young for the scene. Modern MX tracks can be quite dangerous for all but the most skilled riders. I think participation would also greatly improve if the tracks were toned down a bit and emphasized the fun aspect, which is the racing. How many people do you know that have given up motocross for fear of affecting their life or livelihood? That being said, it's rough sport and I think we all know the risk we are taking every time we swing a leg over a bike.

Either way, truly a sad story. My condolences to the family.

This is why I choose to race vintage motocross, despite being a bit young for the scene. Modern MX tracks can be quite dangerous for all but the most skilled riders. I think participation would also greatly improve if the tracks were toned down a bit and emphasized the fun aspect, which is the racing. How many people do you know that have given up motocross for fear of affecting their life or livelihood? That being said, it's rough sport and I think we all know the risk we are taking every time we swing a leg over a bike.

Either way, truly a sad story. My condolences to the family.

The kind of accident that killed Trevor could happen to ANYBODY riding.

I heard about this yesterday, very sad for sure and happens way to often. God Bless little buddy.

:thumbsup: Things like this are tough on the whole community. I'm sure if this happened at a track my boy was racing at I'd question sending letting him race the weekend. Yeah I'm a chicken.

Sad.

i was there that day but i left about a hour befor it happend because i was hit behind by a nother rider nock me out for a little bit so i decided to just pack it up and go home but that is very sad that had to happen to a young kid my respect goes out for him and his parents. RIP