Sign in to follow this  

Question on Moose lighting stator

Hello All,

I just bought a Moose lighting stator (#2111-0140 - ESL983) for my 99 KX 250. Upon opening the box i noticed what looks like a stock stator complete with the stock connector. I thought it should have an extra yellow wire to connect to my Baja enduro lighting kit.. Well this one doesnt. Also no instructions were included. Anyone know what one is supppost to look like? Got a picture or instructions? Oh, and I checked out ElectrioSports web site and they don't have it listed.

Thanks for any help!

jim

This pic shows the only place I have a connector like the one in the box.

small1774.jpg

This pic shows what cam in the box minus the pg2 of 2 inst. sheet for a honda XR400

small1768.jpg

Edited by jim9006
add pics

I just picked up my moose lighting stator. Here is a pic. if it helps. This is supposed to fit my 2003 kx 250. part #2111-0142.

03kx250teardownmarch2010.jpg

Thanks for the pic's .. Well my stator may be correct but the additional pig tail is different than I see on yours ...would be nice if there were instructions included with this kit that were for the right bike.... I have no Idea where to plug/splice into. The odd thing is the instructions in the box are for a honda XR400. Guess I'll tear the bike apart and see where I can tap into a 12v supply.

Thanks for the pic's .. Well my stator may be correct but the additional pig tail is different than I see on yours ...would be nice if there were instructions included with this kit that were for the right bike.... I have no Idea where to plug/splice into. The odd thing is the instructions in the box are for a honda XR400. Guess I'll tear the bike apart and see where I can tap into a 12v supply.

call Trent Kirby at electrosport and ask him to email you the directions.

he sent me some pictures to assist with my wiring.

Trent Kirby

Technical Sales Representative

Electrosport Industries

3803 Oceanic Dr Suite 201

Oceanside Ca 92056

760-842-8300 x1

760-842-8306 fax

www.Electrosport.com

Hey Jim,

I just replied to your PM. If you could email me your email address I will have the proper instructions sent to you immediately. The T-Harness is designed to go into the OEM Vac Regulator. I do not know how the ESG440 fitting instructions were included in the ESL983 box. This was definitely a screw up on our end and I am going through every Moose box we have to make sure the correct instructions are in the package.

Best Regards,

Trent Kirby

Technical Sales Representative

Electrosport Industries

3803 Oceanic Dr Suite 201

Oceanside Ca 92056

760-842-8300 x1

760-842-8306 fax

www.Electrosport.com

Thanks for the reply Trent. I'm am impressed with the customer service!

No worries man that is what I am here for. If you need anything else please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,