Sign in to follow this  

Who should win in a drag race?

My setup:

07 Sm, FCR (155 mj), hotcams stage 1, 94mm big bore, Full RS3 (i want the MRD), distanzias, 16-41 gearing, and I weigh 205 lbs.

My opponent:

Tagged E model, stock except for a crap big gun exhaust. He has the sportsman setup with distanzias, 15-41 gearing, and he weighs 135lbs.

Its a rhetorical question. He pulls me everywhere. I guess the big bore just isn't enough to make up for the weight difference of me and the heavier 17" tires. He could probably put a couple bike lengths on me to 60.

Does this sound right? Should I really expect a different outcome?

Weight difference is one issue, gearing is another issue. Your ratio is higher compared to his, if you geared down to his ratio things would be a closer.

Ratios are pretty close. He has an 18" rear tire and I have a 17".

We've switched bikes and there is no doubting that Josh's bike makes a ton more power. I can't do power wheelies in 3rd gear. His bike makes this posible for both of us. From a dead stop Josh's bike is uncontrollable till about half way thru 3rd gear. =)

Why would his bike make a ton more power than yours? Does the stock E model come with a spare engine in there or something?

Why would his bike make a ton more power than yours? Does the stock E model come with a spare engine in there or something?

cause it has a big bore kit whereas the guy with the E only has 400cc :thumbsup:

What they are saying is that the big bore bike 'makes a ton more power' than the stock bike.

Ah, its Bakber saying Joshes bike makes more power, right on :thumbsup:

Pay attention please:banghead:

Ah, its Bakber saying Joshes bike makes more power, right on :thumbsup:

Yes... I'm the opponent mentioned in the original post.

Right, still a confusing thread for me.

BakBer's bike is faster than Josh's bike everywhere because of rider weight?

So if they swap bikes it will still be lighter rider winning by an even further margin?

Something like that. Joshs bike makes more power, period (as its big bore etc) One must enter a zen like trance to understand this thread :banana:

Right, still a confusing thread for me.

BakBer's bike is faster than Josh's bike everywhere because of rider weight?

So if they swap bikes it will still be lighter rider winning by an even further margin?

exactly.

Unless the big bore bike has the jetting all wrong.

so....

4 HP (bigbore, guessing) is not enough to account for 70lbs extra!

In the accelleration/weight/power debate the last guess was:

"One 140lbs passenger equals about 10 HP"

That matches these findings!

Thats what I was hoping to hear.

I have gone back through and checked cam timing, valve clearance, and spark plug gap. I did find that the vacuum line for the petcock was kinked a little and I have corrected that. Maybe thats why the bike felt a little flat way up top.

Anyways, the bike runs great.... power wheelies in third.... and actually lets me get to the rev limiter (unlike the pre cam/BB setup).

Instead of spending anymore money on the bike, I think both the bike and I am going on diets :banana: