Sign in to follow this  

Top End Installation

Just put in a new one on my 06 Yz 250. I had some small O-rings left after I put the head gasket on. There were 2 (one big and 1 small on the top of the head, but about 5 smaller ones left over. Does anyone know what these are for?

there is 2 round o-rings/3 medium/and 2 small ones. You would think they must go somewhere?:thinking

Hey Scott, how are you? Are you using a cometic gasket kit? If so, they always put a couple of O rings that don't go anywhere in the KX250 kit I use as well. A cometic trademark? We have to get together to ride once it warms up.

Yeah, they're for the powervalve vents.

If you got Cometic then it should come with o-rings for your pipe too.

I ordered them thru a local shop here intown. They are from Moose. I am going to go over everything in a couple minutes hoping I do not have to take everything apart. Is it critical to replace these?

Hey Scott, how are you? Are you using a cometic gasket kit? If so, they always put a couple of O rings that don't go anywhere in the KX250 kit I use as well. A cometic trademark? We have to get together to ride once it warms up.

Hey Len! I still have your number in my phone and was thinking it was getting close to time to give u message. I am doing ok but for the massive case of cabin fever.

Yeah me too. I keep checking accuweather. Gonna go work on my bike right now.