worn from sprocket...pic?

Anyone have a good representative picture of what a worn from sprocket looks like?? I just want something to compare to the one on the bike when I start swapping stuff over tomorrow.

If the one on there does not look too bad, I may leave it. Thanks in advance.

That was a pic I pulled from google images. I have a lot planned for tomorrow, including swapping tires, wheel bearings and chain and sproxs. I thought I had ordered a 15/47 combo, but what I got was a 15/44 combo. I'd prefer to leave the 14 T front on there to get the ratio I am going for. Some say with a 44 rear, the 15 may be too tall for the front, for offroad. Also not sure how hard it will be to get front off.

I'd like to get all that done in the morning, get out on bike for 1-2 hours to test the new tires out, and then be back to get cleaned up and go out to dinner with wife and our friends. I know....lot going on in one day. Figures wife makes plans for us the first weekend the snow starts melting here, in the last two months. LOL

I fear the front sprocket potentially putting a dent in my time line...hope not, but if I have to cut time....that is where I may do it. At least till following weekend anyway.

Thanks for the info folks.

well, good news and bad news. I got almost everything done today...sadly it took all day instead of the three hours I had planned.

The front sprocket was indeed worn. The bad thing is the new 15T I have for the front does not fit...it hits both the chain guide on the front of the swingarm, and the chain guard/ sprocket cover. The bad thing was the dealer was closed by the time I realized this.

I'll have to get a 14T asap.

Thanks for the advice and feedback. ?

well, good news and bad news. I got almost everything done today...sadly it took all day instead of the three hours I had planned.

The front sprocket was indeed worn. The bad thing is the new 15T I have for the front does not fit...it hits both the chain guide on the front of the swingarm, and the chain guard/ sprocket cover. The bad thing was the dealer was closed by the time I realized this.

I'll have to get a 14T asap.

Thanks for the advice and feedback. ?

I have a brand new 14T front still in the package if you want it. I'll make a deal..change my tires(I'll help too..I hate tires though), and it's yours :ride:

I have a brand new 14T front still in the package if you want it. I'll make a deal..change my tires(I'll help too..I hate tires though), and it's yours ?

You don't want me to do it....just on the front, I pinched two tubes, and gave up. I went to dealer, bought two heavy duty tubes, and went to my buddies to have him help me. He's a pro and we we got it done..but even he said it was a PIA.

I will take that fron off your hands though...what part of NJ are you in?

O my god,,replace worn parts and be safe.

OMG...you did not just say that. Please tell me you are a 13 year old schoolgirl. LOL:smirk: Serious, I am gonna get a 14T on there asap.

Easy fix. The older E chainguards IIRC came like the one you describe, for a 14t of smaller front sprocket. The case chainguard for the S came a little bigger for the 15t front sprocket.

So you have a couple of choices. Go back to a 14t front, order an S model case chainguard, or do as others have done which is to grind down just enough of the chainguard so the 15t w/chain will fit.

In regards to the chain guide...you can take off a little of the material so it will fit or do as some others have done which is just get it pushed on/tightened down and let the teeth grind off the chain guard material it doesn't like. The 15t will not hit the swingarm itself. Some have gotten 16t front sprockets on.

I had the choice this morning...to either put the worn 14T front back on and have the chain guard on, or ride with the 15T on, and not worry about the chain guard. I did the latter. I was worried about my foot being so close to moving front sprocket, but then I remembered that was how my KDX 200 was all the time anyway..so I stopped worrying about it.

The KDX: http://home.comcast.net/~dougzweb/d2.jpg

The sprocket cover is an aftermarket one that one of the previous owners had installed. I'd like to get it back on there, but for the 15T, there would have to be a lot of grinding from the looks of it. This is a shot with that chain guard on there:

http://home.comcast.net/~dougz73/farkle14.jpg

I do wanna get back to the 14T soon. I could tell from riding the sand today how much taller the 15T was. I stalled the bike a couple times more than I usually do.

Thanks for the feedback and input.

06WRX: Contact me via Pm about what you want for it(14T)? Is it a stock unit or aftermarket? If aftermarket, what brand? Thanks.

Just a follow up..I went to dealer this week and got a 14T front sprocket. Of course they did not have a stock one, so I had to get the ProTaper one...should do fine. If I get any clear weather this weekend, I'll be able to throw that and the Topar guard back on.

Thanks for all the feedback. :banana: