Sign in to follow this  

front pate

Id like to put a r front plat on my 05 450x, can i put a 05 r plate on without a problem?? id like to take off my headlight cuz i never use it unless im at the desert

Id like to put a r front plat on my 05 450x, can i put a 05 r plate on without a problem?? id like to take off my headlight cuz i never use it unless im at the desert

you can run the R front plate with very minor difficulty, but believe you will burn up your regulator over time without the light.

It's fine to run the stock stator and regulator without the light:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:...you might just have some issue with the odo and bracket.

:thumbsup:...you might just have some issue with the odo and bracket.

Yep- that's the problem I see. The top triple has brackets that will force the plate forward. Some people run the plate mounted forward, which IMO looks a little goofy. I think you might be able to cut some slots and do some grinding to allow the plate to be at the correct angle, but then your plate would look funny. I thought about doing that too, but in the end I just bought an extra headlight shell (about $35), pop riveted a screen in place, and called it a day. I think it looks great like that & I can quickly/easily add the headlight if needed.

Do what they "racer guys" do... :thumbsup: (as Guy suggested, however you can buy the stock shell cheap - ebay, or some parts places)

I used zip ties to hold the plate on... easy on, easy off.

DSC03040.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

DSC06963.jpg

DSC04328.jpg