Sign in to follow this  

Anyone else ever have an air leak at the reed cage?

Basically, between 17 and 13:

2002_3A.gif

Might even be some coming from between 13 and the cylinder..

There is no gasket here; maybe the boot has lost some elasticity allowing the leak? Anyone ever use silicone in this area to stop leaks?

I sure am glad I dicked around and finally got all of the parts to do the pressure test!

Well, in case you do- you can make your own gaskets out of gasket paper from the auto store. Should have taken pictures, but now she holds air just fine :thumbsup:

Mihylo, there's not one on the fiche and there wasn't one on the bike when I disassy'd it. Kind of surprised me.

How'd your ride go?

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/partswarehouse/Suzuki_OEM/SuzukiDB.asp?Type=13&A=261&B=2

Ha! 15A is what I had to make.

Maybe I'll hurt my neck when I learn to jump right instead of tearing ACL's like I do now since I don't know how to jump.

I need to surf the MX side of this forum and see what it's gonna take to safely get in the air.

Lots of seat time. I would try and take some Private MX classes to get it done. Also the Gary Semics DVDs are a big help.

Do you have the reed spacer too? or no?

Kinda weird. My manual and the TT fiche have no spacer but the one you linked does. Maybe it was introduced in some later model?