Sign in to follow this  

2008 ttr-230

I want to change my back tire from having a drum brake to a hydraulic brake with disc and caliper....any ideas?

Yeah, not really worth it on a play bike like the TTR. One, it doesn't need it, and two it's very cost prohibitive to do so.

all you need to do a disc conversion,

1) rear rim from a yz any year

2) the right side spacer to brake bracket

3) the brake bracket

4) make sure the brake bracket is the right one so it matches up with the rotor

5) i used spacers on the axle (TTR axle) because the ttr axle is smaller, these slide into the wheel hub and brake bracket, i used 4 spacers altogether

6) 8-9 1/2" or 5/8" flat washers 5 washers on the leftside and 3 washers on the right side

100_3504.jpg

this is the ptototype bracket i made for the brake cylinder that bolts to the footpeg, the finished version looked a lot cleaner, but it gets you in the ballpark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG] [/img]this is bracket from a 92 yz, if you compare it to your drum brake hub, it coincidentaly is the same. in the hole is the spacer to use the stock ttr axle

100_3489.jpg

this is bracket from a 92 yz, if you compare it to your drum brake hub, it coincidentaly is the same. in the hole is the spacer to use the stock ttr axle

100_3486.jpg

you can see in this pic version1.0, the importance of the right disc to go with the right caliper, the disc was to big so i ground it down. once i knew everthing was going to work i got the combination that worked and finished the 2.0 version.

I sure could use you help with this project. I know you cant come over because we live in 2 different states, but just supplying me with the correct stuff to buy. I spoke with yamaha dealer and they said....$1000.00 for the conversion and recommended me to buy a new bike. Im not very dirt bike savy, so im learning as i do stuff. I would like to keep in touch via email if thats cool. Mine is conch04@yahoo.com, thanks for your reply. Oh by the way...i like the picture of your bike, thats kind of what I'm looking to do with mine.

so that list (1-6)...is the list i need to start with? Can you send me your email address so we can communicate

Hey Brother,

I just bought a FMF slip on for my 2008 TTR-230 and in the box was the muffler, clamp, springs, muffler bracket and of course a small stub of pipe. Am i supposed to cut the stock muffler down until it fits into the small stub of pipe to where i will then install the clamp?

my stock muffler is all one piece. Or what i mean is that from the header to the midway point of the bike the is a breakable joint with a clamp, then from there it goes all the way to the tip as one solid unit...there are no break points. And the FMF only came with a little 6" piece of pipe that has a 45 deg bend in it.