oil blowing out of the tube

I just put in new piston and rings in my 07 kx450....while i had it a part i took the left side cover off to take out the oil screen to clean it.....i put it all back together and started it up and now its blowing out oil....what do i need to do??

Check to see if the pin is still on the shaft for the oil pump impeller (scavenger pump). When you pull the impeller off the shaft ther is a hole in the dhaft that a pin goes thrugh. The impeller slides over that pin whichas it to turn when the shaft turns. If the pin has falle out the pump will spin freely, and will not spin when the engine is running. It can come out very easilh if the bike is at an angle and the impeller is pulled up 3/8". If this is the case, you have a pin somewhere in the bottom end of your engine (not good). Don't ask how I know this. Do not run your bike without the pin in place and the pump functioning properly.

Link to picture of shaft:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r223/nriemer1980/P5220101.jpg

CoKTM

Edited by coktm

Are both of the locating pins still in your side cover. They can fall out when the cover is removed. If one fell out and dropped into the pump it would jam the pump and cause the two ears to break off. Make sure they are both accounted for.

CoKTM