Sign in to follow this  

450X desert tank fit an R?

Hey everyone. Bought an '06 450R this week. Does anyone know if a tank for an X will fit an R? I live in the west Texas desert, will be needing to carry more fuel and have found an Acerbis 6.6 gallon tank but it's advertised as being for an X. Will is fit my bike?

From what i understand they will not interchange , i know i tried putting my stock 06 450X tank on my 02 450R and it would not fit , but i never tried it on a newer model !

I know that EBay has tons of R tanks , i am always on the lookout for a 3.2 tank for my X cheap , but i always see 3.2's for the R's

here is 1(its a 2.6)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200436644958&viewitem=

I have an 05 X tank on my 05 R. The only thing I had to do was trim the shrouds to get them to fit. It was easy and still looks good. I hope this helps. The X tank fits great and I even used the petcock and front mount from the R tank. So to answer your question I think it will fit just fine with a little work.

I have an 05 X tank on my 05 R. The only thing I had to do was trim the shrouds to get them to fit. It was easy and still looks good. I hope this helps. The X tank fits great and I even used the petcock and front mount from the R tank. So to answer your question I think it will fit just fine with a little work.

Awesome news, thanks dude. I forgot to mention that I already ordered it yesterday before doing enough research haha :thumbsup:

Got the tank today. This thing is huge. Looks like it will fit okay. No need to worry about the shrouds, the tank is a shroud itself. Looks similar the pic below (mine is a red Acerbis). I think I'll sell it, it's just too big. Will probably get the 3.8 tank.

File19_1.jpg

That is a huge tank. I knew the X tank would fit. Better luck with the next one.