Sign in to follow this  

moose easy clutch pull

Anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/192/4223/ITEM/Moose-Racing-Easy-Pull-Clutch-System.aspx

I got one and attempted to install tonight. seems easy. for some reason. I had to lenghten out the rest of the clutch line. and it still isn't back to taught yet. It feels like theres rocks in it. still play so the kinks aren't out yet but it doesn't seem any easier. actually a little harder.

I've always been skeptical of that product and it's approach to easing clutch pull. I much prefer the MSR Raptor lever and perch.

+1 on the MSR it has three positions and the pull is like butter.Moose also makes a lever with perch and it has two positions.The one you're showing,I heard is garbage.

This is the MSR

34-1805lg.jpg

The system OP posted is KNOWN for breaking in the sport bike world. Stunters try using them and they snap clutch cables... Maybe dirt bikes have a easier pull, but personally I wouldn't run them.

MSR raptor clutch levers are awesome for their pull, they make the clutch pull super easy, I LOVE them. However they are VERY fragile, they break VERY easily. Many people break them just installing them. The stock screw adjuster is aluminum and needs replaced with a steel one off your old lever.. The needle thing that holds the cable anda points it in the proper direction to line up with a hole is extremely weak nad breaks real fast, most people jb weld them from the jump.. And the perch itself is extremely weak and breaks.

Someone on stuntlife made a strong EZ pull, however it is expensive.. But IMO well worth it for a dirt bike.. I wouldn't even THINK about running a MSR on a dirt bike unless you had bark busters.. MSR's like to break just LOOKING at them!

I've been through 3 msr's, when my next one breaks I'll be purchasing a RSC heavy duty clutch lever.

I'm not a sales man, I don't know the creator personally... I just know he made it mainly for stunters, but it is WAY heavy duty and an awesome product

http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com/

13826045.jpg

Also the RSC is only 1 position, non adjustable.. but it is built to have th same leverage as the MSR on the easiest position

BTW another thing that can be done, is to remove your stock clutch arm from your bike, cut it in half, weld it 1/2"-3/4" longer, and that makes your clutch pull easier for free..

You don't get the benefits of a shorty lever, or a ball bearing in your clutch... but it is free, and works awesome in conjunction with a ez pull clutch lever :thumbsup:

I posted a guide on how to do it on my 150f since I didn't see it talked about on dirt bike forums :ride:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784686&highlight=clutch

Btw I always use 1 finger on my honda f4i600 and 1 finger on my 150f all day, my clutch hand never gets tired :lol:

I run 1/2" longer clutch arm on my f4i and a MSR ez pull on the easiest setting, I still have plenty of adjustment left on my clutch.. I actually run my clutch so it's close to my bars so I can easily grasp it and pull it to the bar.

And my 150f already has an ez pull since it's a small bike, but I added 1/2" to it, and run just a regular old $15 clutch lever.. It has super ez pull :lol:

edit: Couple pics of my sport bike setup with hand brake and clutch, 1 finger on both. With the 1/2" longer arm AND msr, my clutch is fully out in the first picture set on the stop screw. My clutch is disengaged enough to push the bike in gear with it not running with it just halfway pulled in. So defintiely plenty of room to work with on clutch pull

sep07002.jpg

sep07003.jpg

IMO this is a must have mod on any bike. After stunting and getting used to using 1 finger, I can't go back. I will always extend clutch arms and make clutch pull easier. Not only is clutch pull easier, but it's also more controllable. You are able to have more 'control' over the clutch.

The system OP posted is KNOWN for breaking in the sport bike world. Stunters try using them and they snap clutch cables... Maybe dirt bikes have a easier pull, but personally I wouldn't run them.

MSR raptor clutch levers are awesome for their pull, they make the clutch pull super easy, I LOVE them. However they are VERY fragile, they break VERY easily. Many people break them just installing them. The stock screw adjuster is aluminum and needs replaced with a steel one off your old lever.. The needle thing that holds the cable anda points it in the proper direction to line up with a hole is extremely weak nad breaks real fast, most people jb weld them from the jump.. And the perch itself is extremely weak and breaks.

Someone on stuntlife made a strong EZ pull, however it is expensive.. But IMO well worth it for a dirt bike.. I wouldn't even THINK about running a MSR on a dirt bike unless you had bark busters.. MSR's like to break just LOOKING at them!

I've been through 3 msr's, when my next one breaks I'll be purchasing a RSC heavy duty clutch lever.

I'm not a sales man, I don't know the creator personally... I just know he made it mainly for stunters, but it is WAY heavy duty and an awesome product

http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com/

13826045.jpg

^^^^ thats a nice piece,not too bad on price cosidering.

I still have my MSR after 4years,but you are right I did break the cap on first intall.

thanks guys. i just left my local shop and picked up the raptor for 51 bucks expensive i know but i only get to ride about every 2 months. im gonna take off that moose piece and send it back. I'll install the msr lever tonight. it shouldnt take nearly as long. thanks again for the suggestions

I had one on my CR500 a few years ago and really liked it. Yes it works best with bikes that have "hair trigger" clutches so it worked really well on that bike. You have to adjust tension on the cables almost every ride to obtain the sweet spot which it what it takes for that device to work as advertised. I sold the 500 and went back to the 250's which didn't require the clutch ez.

Anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/192/4223/ITEM/Moose-Racing-Easy-Pull-Clutch-System.aspx

I got one and attempted to install tonight. seems easy. for some reason. I had to lenghten out the rest of the clutch line. and it still isn't back to taught yet. It feels like theres rocks in it. still play so the kinks aren't out yet but it doesn't seem any easier. actually a little harder.