Sign in to follow this  

Some Craaaaazy shiznitz!!!

The XRL rider was ahead of them waiting at the rest stop (either that, or he was at the bottom waiting for a helivac!) :thumbsup::banana::lol::lol::lol::ride:

My feet got that weird feeling just looking at the drop off! Bet they did use the cables.

my buddy has a name for that, its called "high consequence riding"

the last time i saw balls that big they were chasing Indiana Jones through a cave!

Wow, I was leanin' to the left in my chair the whole time! Where is that, Austria?

My nuts were up into my lungs sitting and watching in my easy chair. Maybe the camera makes that ledge look narrower then it really is but I can't imagine falling off the trail has an easy fix..

Wow, I was leanin' to the left in my chair the whole time! Where is that, Austria?

I think so, those Austrian's like taking things to the extreme. :thumbsup:

Two words: Never, EVER, me! Oh, three words.:thumbsup: I woulda just left my bike. Whoever wanted to come get it and ride it out could have it!

Some of those cliffs are a little gnarly for my tastes. Not sure if I'd do that or not.

I am sure that I would have followed them right up there... when I was in my 20s.... :thumbsup::ride:

I actually got "nervous" for them !

Maybe the camera makes that ledge look narrower then it really is but I can't imagine falling off the trail has an easy fix..

Cameras usually make it look less bad, not worse. I don't think I'd really want to hike that trail let alone ride it.

This is one nice thing about night riding. You can only see the trail. The certain death fall off the cliff is just black so you can't tell how bad it is.

are you suggesting that you would do it at night, but not in daylight ????

:thumbsup::ride::lol:

There is a psychological factor to not seeing the dropoff. Vertigo would be lessened, too.

Like others joked, I was leaning to the left just watching it, too. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it's the "what I don't know can't hurt me" phenomenon. I immediately felt more comfortable watching the video when there was brush on the right side blocking the steep downhill view. I could still go right through the brush and tumble 1000ft to a gruesome death, but the drop wouldn't be immediately visible to remind me of that possibility. :thumbsup:

I agree; I would be uncomfortable traversing that trail on two feet, let alone two wheels. At the same time, I'd rather do something like that on a bike and not in a car...

aacb7f21.jpg