Sign in to follow this  

oem replacement question?

just a real quik question....im buying new front brake pads and i have an sm, the fron oem S pads are the same right? just half the price!?

thanks and cheers

Welllllll....

EBC shows the S and the SM to both be FA185 part numbers. So, to the aftermarket... they say they are the same physical part. The OE pads may be sourced from different suppliers for a "Dirt" and a "Street" compound.

Gonna have to wait for one of the experts. I thought they were the same, just the caliper being relocated for the SM.:thumbsup:

Gotta add my my voice to 707DRZ; I need new front pads as well. Is there a difference with the S/SM pads? And are there aftermarket pads that are better? I'm riding an '05 SM.

I am using the S pads for my SM with no problems. When i took the originals out and compared them to the new S pads they had the same numbers on the back.

S pads cost me £23. Sm pads were £44.

Ken.

I am using the S pads for my SM with no problems. When i took the originals out and compared them to the new S pads they had the same numbers on the back.

S pads cost me £23. Sm pads were £44.

Ken.

+1 Nissin has the same number stamped on both the S and SM pads. I have the S pads on my SM, works like a champ. :thumbsup:

+1 Nissin has the same number stamped on both the S and SM pads. I have the S pads on my SM, works like a champ. :thumbsup:

Same here. S pads on an SM. They are the same thing.

Cool guys thanks. I was told this a couple f years ago and didn't think much of it till I went to order up some pads. No way I was paying double for the SM pads when I somewhat knew that S pads were same I just wanted to double check. Dealer has them for $34+tax