Sign in to follow this  

93 cr250 plastics....Any ideas?

I picked up a 93 cr for $300. Any ideas on what years plastics will fit? Im betting I can run whatever front fender but what about the rear fender/shrouds/numberplates? Any ideas?

I picked up a 93 cr for $300. Any ideas on what years plastics will fit? Im betting I can run whatever front fender but what about the rear fender/shrouds/numberplates? Any ideas?

What have you tried? Checked anywhere?

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/UFO-PLASTIC-KIT/?prodId=2385&sMMY=HONDA;CR250;1993&

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Checked ebay, nothing as far as plastics. cycra makes the individual parts but not a kit anymore so its costly. Want to pimp it out all white. Just wondering if anyone knows what years fit what. If I can mix and match with some CR500 number plates and newer CR fenders. Mechanically I still have a lot of work to do. Gonna pull the motor, sand and powder coat the frame, go through everything and clean it up. Some of the issues- The plastics are crap, all sun stained and brittle, as is the seat cover, the graphics are peeling off, the tires are toast, front rim has a nice ding but holds pressure, the throttle cable and throttle assembly are seized but the carb is all good, The front brake is very stiff and drags, both footpegs are bent pretty bad, The air filter is done, as are the grips, bars and chain guide. But the engine isn't seized! I have bars for it, grips, got a throttle cable and assembly and footpegs on e-bay so far. It needs a lot of love. Turns out that getting plastics and not paying out the ass is going to be the biggest challenge! It is gonna be a project for sure. But a fun one.

Checked ebay, nothing as far as plastics. cycra makes the individual parts but not a kit anymore so its costly. Want to pimp it out all white. Just wondering if anyone knows what years fit what. If I can mix and match with some CR500 number plates and newer CR fenders. Mechanically I still have a lot of work to do. Gonna pull the motor, sand and powder coat the frame, go through everything and clean it up. Some of the issues- The plastics are crap, all sun stained and brittle, as is the seat cover, the graphics are peeling off, the tires are toast, front rim has a nice ding but holds pressure, the throttle cable and throttle assembly are seized but the carb is all good, The front brake is very stiff and drags, both footpegs are bent pretty bad, The air filter is done, as are the grips, bars and chain guide. But the engine isn't seized! I have bars for it, grips, got a throttle cable and assembly and footpegs on e-bay so far. It needs a lot of love. Turns out that getting plastics and not paying out the ass is going to be the biggest challenge! It is gonna be a project for sure. But a fun one.

I guess you didn't check the link.

92-96 fenders are identical

92-96 shrouds will work on any of those years, but design changed for 95 a little

92-94 had same number plates

95-96 were the same number plates (airbox bolt mounting point changed between 94 and 95)

And yes check the link posted above for plastic or check ebay. They sell complete kits for your bike still.

The link with the UFO kit for the 1993, it specifies "92-99 RED" for the front fender but all other parts are only available in "RED." Does anyone know if this means that only the fender will be fluorescent pink? I'm also looking for plastics but for a '94 cr, and I would really like the colors to be all stock.

Last time I asked about plastics someone said that all the companies still make parts, and this is true. However, when I try to find the "nuclear red" color I can only find front and rear fenders, and a front number plate, but never the side number plates or radiator shrouds.