Sign in to follow this  

Pumper carb

Anybody have a recommendation for a pumper carb. for a 1999 XR400 ?

Brand ?

Lowest price ?

Seller?

:thumbsup:

I like the edelbrock.

My dad has the mikuni.

the mikuni is cheaper than the edelbrock.

Edelbrock produces more raw power.

the mikuni produces more smooth power.

the edelbrock has very simple jetting and all of the mixture adjustments can be done without any tools. it uses a needle for all of the main mixture control.

I like the edelbrock.

My dad has the mikuni.

the mikuni is cheaper than the edelbrock.

Edelbrock produces more raw power.

the mikuni produces more smooth power.

the edelbrock has very simple jetting and all of the mixture adjustments can be done without any tools. it uses a needle for all of the main mixture control.

if you look at procycle the mikuni and edelbrock are the same price 470. xr's only mikuni is 390. i wonder what the difference is between the mikuni kits are? i wonder if i should have gone with the edelbrock due to the ease of jetting and mixture adjustments but it was also 80 bucks more.. i really do enjoy the starting ease and no bog of the mikuni.. great add for the bike!!! :thumbsup:

I wonder if anyone has ever told the owners of XRsonly.com that their website sucks horse balls.

I would love to tell them but their email is no where to be found and Im sick of waiting for the site to load to try and find it.

if you look at procycle the mikuni and edelbrock are the same price 470. xr's only mikuni is 390. i wonder what the difference is between the mikuni kits are? i wonder if i should have gone with the edelbrock due to the ease of jetting and mixture adjustments but it was also 80 bucks more.. i really do enjoy the starting ease and no bog of the mikuni.. great add for the bike!!! :thumbsup:

the edelbrock starts pretty much as easy as the mikuni and has no bog.

people often say they don't have much bog with the stock carb, but when you can eliminate all bog and replace it with a punch instant power you can't justify keeping the old carb.

XRsonly.com website sucks

I could not agree more. I'm sure it's costing them business.

If leaning towards an Edelbrock, call Rob or Denise over at http://www.barnumspro.com & see if they still sell them. (I don't see it on the website.... but I never have.) They'll set up the carb for your elevation so that all you need to do is install it & ride. They also price matched an offer I found on another website. This was a couple of years ago though.

Anyway, I'm glad I paid the extra dough for the Eddy. I like not having to fool with jets anymore. That handy dial is the shiz! :thumbsup:

I wonder if anyone has ever told the owners of XRsonly.com that their website sucks horse balls.

I would love to tell them but their email is no where to be found and Im sick of waiting for the site to load to try and find it.

Bingo.:thumbsup:

The only site worst than XRsOnly is the MSR site, totally disfuntional if you want any product information. I like MSR products and have used them since the eighties but when I bought winter riding gear last fall I went with Thor because of the MSR website.

The reality is we use information on websites to make purchasing decisions.

The XRsonly site went toast a few months back. They lost the whole site, pics and all. It hasn't been quite right since. They have gotten far better though, very responsive if you call.