Sign in to follow this  

Update my -09 stock suspension to -10 YZF

Is it possible to update my -09 YZF 450 suspension to -10s setup? Were there any big updates or is it only different stacks? Appreciate if someone can post both stacks (09 & 10). :thumbsup:

Shocks are totally different, shock body, piston, shaft, settings everything. So it's impossible to update your -09 shock and make it to be like-10 shock.

You can put there -10 setting...springs are longer if I remember right.

Will -10 settings work on -09 bike, my guess is no. -10 model have totally different frame and geometry. -09 shock and -10 fork...not very good balance I guess.

Why would you want to do that, it's a completely different bike, it probably will make your 09 handle like a pig.

If you want to upgrade the suspension, take a list of your complaints and send your suspension to a professional tuner to be setup for you.

Is it possible to update my -09 YZF 450 suspension to -10s setup? Were there any big updates or is it only different stacks? Appreciate if someone can post both stacks (09 & 10). :ride:

Why? From many reports, the 09 suspension is better. :thumbsup:

The 10 also recieved some uodates in the adjustment needles.

In fork or shock or both?

In fork or shock or both?
The 10 also recieved some uodates in the adjustment needles.

Checked these com and reb needles from KYB catalog and part numbers are all same in 2006-2010 Yamahas. I don't know this for sure so if you harrperf know this for sure I'd like to know. Thanks:thumbsup:

Jusa

I don't know for sure...

But a reliable source told me it was different (and as advertised this year) the bike has a bump in low speed compression (that can't been seen in the stack)

Rider impressions around here have mimicked this...so I can only guess it is accurate. WHere is kevin's trusty dyno info when you need it haha.