Sign in to follow this  

Beta graphics for 08-09 450-525 RR RS?

I just got another set of factory graphics in.. was going to take them to my sign guy so he can trace them for some custom units he can print out.. I'll see what he charges as well.

I tell you what...these are basicly strong stickers. We are getting taken big time. It is pretty expensive for buying stickers. That goes for all bikes with the more exotic like Beta costing more. Now besides ridiculous oem gaskets prices for all bikes we are getting it from behind. It sure is expensive!!!:thumbsup:

For #plates I tried something. I ordered 05 ktm 200 exc number plate set from attack graphics. ...should be close to the Beta. It ended up being around $37. When I get it I will trim accordingly and see how they turn out. If it looks too ghetto I will post. Hey I'll post either way. If it comes out decent I'll be saving about half. For the prices we have to pay I might as well try.

Threat Racing sells these backgrounds....I like the look. I'm not sure who actually makes them but Threat custom orders them for you. Check it out. http://www.threatracing.com/productdetail.htm?browse=-22591&productId=-162045&shopBy=-4337&catalogId=-1077

Those are nice....and it should run around $80 with shipping. I guess I am still looking at the price and looking to find a cheaper alternative. Maybe that's just the price of things these days but it does seem extreme for something that I may wreck almost immediately dragging my bike down some huge hill that I have to drag and turn around on.(is that a long enough run on sentence?) On some hills you can't get around it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/motobikenismyliken#p/a/u/2/YeHdlqasey4

Ok the opening scene may be a little too abusive but you know what I mean.

So has anyone come across something more on this? With my big tank I find it that where I rub my knees the graphics aren't sticking. Any ideas are appreciated.:excuseme:

The first black bike shown is mine. It looks a bit too road warriorish

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodsrider117?feature=mhum#p/u/4/FnALkMTE95M

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodsrider117?feature=mhum#p/u/6/FxyBTCPD_98

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I ordered a set of stock graphics for my 08 Beta and had them professionally put on my radiatior shrouds, by a local guy who does custom decals and other stuff. He was not able to get them to stick to new plastic, he said the glue was either old or not good quality. I spent a lot of money for something that was not worth a crap. I really like the stock decals for the BETA, so it is kind of sad. Same issue with the side panels in front of the rear fender.

I thought if i had a pro install them i would be good, not the case.

Beware.

I ordered a set of stock graphics for my 08 Beta and had them professionally put on my radiatior shrouds, by a local guy who does custom decals and other stuff. He was not able to get them to stick to new plastic, he said the glue was either old or not good quality. I spent a lot of money for something that was not worth a crap. I really like the stock decals for the BETA, so it is kind of sad. Same issue with the side panels in front of the rear fender.

I thought if i had a pro install them i would be good, not the case.

Beware.

Thanks for the tip . I am not in a hurry to get new graphics since the original ones were allright but eventually fell off. No sense get new ones at a hundred for the whole set for it to fall off. I was thinking of putting graphics only on the front side of the side shroud plates where my legs don't rub against. ....just searching out there for some different ideas. Beta doesn't even have some smaller stickers ..... you know just stickers to slap on anything like all the other brands have. That could be good enough to start with on the front of the shroud... then maybe put some clear plastic to go over it. Right now I am looking at some cheap priced ebay graphics and looking at modifying it to fit. Could work out but got to shop for the right graphics.

Here are my own design custom PG graphics for my 08 with 09 plastic 540. Italian flag inspired by the old FBF Husqvarna graphics.

If you are nice Hawaiidirtrider, I will tell PG you can use them. They are not cheap. They are the highest quality(PG) graphics available anywhere in the world. Ask anyone who has ordered them. I use the gripz vinyl on all but the front HL graphic as I stick a white panel for number changes for enduro events.The 557H is my XC number for my district.

Beta_Final_Small.jpg

Here are my own design custom PG graphics for my 08 with 09 plastic 540. Italian flag inspired by the old FBF Husqvarna graphics.

If you are nice Hawaiidirtrider, I will tell PG you can use them. They are not cheap. They are the highest quality(PG) graphics available anywhere in the world. Ask anyone who has ordered them. I use the gripz vinyl on all but the front HL graphic as I stick a white panel for number changes for enduro events.The 557H is my XC number for my district.

Beta_Final_Small.jpg

Thankyou... I guess I never ordered custom graphics or know anyone who has before so I am not sure how this process works. The gripz vinyl I am not familiar with. So you are maybe offering this as you are showing this or are you talking about the cut forms and I put my own designs ? I guess I have to find more about this. I better check on some PG graphics website . So this stuff is good and that tough and it doesn't fall off after a few rides? Is it better than the factory ones that come with the bike? When you put this on don't you also put this on some new non scratched plastic? You have an 08 so this went on orange plastic? or black, white. When you say not cheap is that $100 $150? Sorry I haven't gone this route because I was trying to not spend alot for graphics....at least until I can feel confident they wont come off as easily as the stock ones have. Thankyou again. Sorry for so many questions..

The graphics look cool by the way.:excuseme:

Ok just got off the PG website...you aren't kidding it's not cheap. The starting for custom graphic kits starts at $200 . That's pretty steep. I gotta go back and look a little bit more...

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

The Gripz vinyl lasts easily 2-3 times as long and is highly resistant to scratches and trail debris and crashes. I have found nothing better.If you power wash and are not careful you can get the edges to come up. But it is certainly not as sensitive as typical graphics for this.

It needs to be warmed when applied with a heat gun and soapy water on the back side.

They apply to new plastic best(just clean with a good alcahol based degreaser just prior).

I reheat with the heat gun to work out any bubbles and moisture after application to get a good set.

They save money as they last easily 2-3 seasons of riding unlike typical vinyl graphics.

The Italian Flag versions are my own design. PG does not release customers designs w/o prior permission. They have a few other designs if you ask for the Beta stuff. Nothing all that exciting which is why I designed my own. You can ask for Gripz only on shrouds or side covers , whatever you want.

All Gripz is even more than $200. i think mine were close to $300 at the end of the day. but once you design them you can reorder for less since the art is already done.

got lazy and never got my sign guy to make me a set of graphics.

Just ordered the race graphics from Beta.

yeah.. the boano race graphics are nice but the adhesive sucks.

what I do is use 3m spray 77 or 90 adhesive to the graphics before applying.

I also used denatured alcohol to clean the plastics.

for the shroud graphics that wear from my knee braces.. I add extra 12 mil clear adhesive vinyl to that area.

I can get 6 to 8 months out of them before I want to replace them.

Crap. Hawaii rider... they way you guys ride and thrash your bikes.. I wouldn't run graphics as your guys are pretty hard on your bikes out there in the middle of the pacific ocean..

• Like 1

got lazy and never got my sign guy to make me a set of graphics.

Just ordered the race graphics from Beta.

yeah.. the boano race graphics are nice but the adhesive sucks.

what I do is use 3m spray 77 or 90 adhesive to the graphics before applying.

I also used denatured alcohol to clean the plastics.

for the shroud graphics that wear from my knee braces.. I add extra 12 mil clear adhesive vinyl to that area.

I can get 6 to 8 months out of them before I want to replace them.

Crap. Hawaii rider... they way you guys ride and thrash your bikes.. I wouldn't run graphics as your guys are pretty hard on your bikes out there in the middle of the pacific ocean..

Good info all around thanks very much.. I do like my bike looking nice and would like at least a Beta badge up front of my shrouds. My dealer said he was going to make some Beta stickers that I could use but thats just didn't happen yet. Where do you get your 12 mil clear adhesive vinyl from? I I haven't seen it around the last time I looked. It's true we hammer our bikes a bit around here . My bike is all battle scarred and my shrouds get ripped off and my plastic scratched alot and I'm constantly trying to refurbish . My bikes looks aren't up to par right now. I guess I just have to buy some new plastic to bring the bikes newness back . I have been running without graphics running black now. I think I will put the white back and try to fix up the graphics (with some of the info given). Thanks to all for what's been given so far.:excuseme::thumbsup:

Here's more choices for graphics. I don't have any experience of them . I was recommended from an italian on Youtube that didn't speak english but we communicated enough that he sent me this website. ..very nice of him..

http://www.blackbirdracing.com/stickers_beta/beta_rr_4t_07_09/kit_adesivi.html?do=Mi1Fbi0tLS0xNTUtLS0t#

:thumbsup: