Sign in to follow this  

FWW for 200 XC-W

I've got an '09 200 XC-W and ride single/two track trails and local dual sport rides. With my weight of 145# and the kind of riding I do, what would be the best fww for me, the 9oz. or 12oz.? What are the pros/cons of each? Any special tools that I would need? I spend most of the time in the lower part of the power band and always find myself caught "off guard" when the power band hits and I'm not prepared for it.

Edited by estube
Addition

I've got an '09 200 XC-W and ride single/two track trails and local dual sport rides. With my weight of 145# and the kind of riding I do, what would be the best fww for me, the 9oz. or 12oz.? What are the pros/cons of each? Any special tools that I would need? I spend most of the time in the lower part of the power band and always find myself caught "off guard" when the power band hits and I'm not prepared for it.

the newer bikes are tamer than the older ones. I run a 9oz and it does a very good job, along with a PV adjustment, to make it much more tractable in muddy conditions.

IMHO, the 9 oz is plenty for the newer bikes, being able to keep some of the hit if needed. The rest can be dialed in or out with the PV.

Have you tried adjusting the PV first? you may not find it necessary for a FWW.

Would you guys mind telling a KTM idiot (me) what fww is??? as I just purchased a new 2010 200 xc-w.

Fly wheel weight...adding mass to the fly wheel slows down how fast it can rev softening the hit...also adds anti stall properties.