Sign in to follow this  

where are the xr500's ??

hi guy's new to thumper talk, great forum's you have:thumbsup: i just bought a 1984 xr500r and want to get her back to original but i cant find anything on xr500 am i missing something ?

fisko

My friend has one. What are you looking for? Depending on what you need you can use some XR600 parts.

XR600/650 forum. The 84 500 is in the RFVC engine family and nearly identical to the XR600. Most everything about the 600 applies. My avatar pic is an 83 500 with a 617cc 600 engine.

XR600/650 forum. The 84 500 is in the RFVC engine family and nearly identical to the XR600. Most everything about the 600 applies. My avatar pic is an 83 500 with a 617cc 600 engine.

ahhh thanks for the info valvesrule, this is the first xr i have owned and in the process of grit blasting the frame,repaint etc. @ 67GT i am after a speedometer,headlight + plastic surround,OEM exhaust,front guard,fork boots.

and a workshop manual :thumbsup: thanks for your reply's guy's

fisko

Try the xr 600/650 forum or the vintage forum, youll probably be able to get some more info

I'd say check ebay and keep checking until you find what you need. You should be able to get a set of fork boots easily, I know my friend did they were not OEM Honda parts but they fit right. As for the headlight lens assembly, you can use a later XR unit, Honda improved how it was built so that might be why you can't find the "right" one, a later one will work just fine if not better.

Also check the web for bike wrecking yards. Never bought anything from http://www.bikeboneyard.com/ but I have looked through their inventory lots of times, seems like they keep pretty good track of what's in stock.