Sign in to follow this  

Local Stealership

Hey guy i kno this is a "no no" but i work full time and just had a new born son in sept (its my first child) and dont have much time to my self these days to be botherd shimming valves so i took it to my local stealership (also a yamaha dealer that does not sell honda :thumbsup: i know ) but none the less it was only 138.40 and the shimmed my valse and cleaned my carb pretty nice if you ask me.........but its the first time i ever took it in to get it done so my question is was i ripped off or is 138.40 a good deal

What is your time worth? $$/hr? FWIW, it doesn't sound too bad at all. A shop rate of $65/hr is about typical here. If it accomplished the job, I'd comment the price was good. Don't second guess yourself, keep moving forward!

if you're happy with it then it's a good deal. personally i work on my bikes while the boy is napping because if i took it to a shop that would be using my riding cash for repairs i could eventually get done. but, i usually have at least one spare bike that's in good working order so if i don't get to a repair immediately it doesn't keep me from going on the weekend.

i agree with nevermind, don't second guess yourself on it. you seem happy with it, so it's a good deal.

Hey guy i kno this is a "no no" but i work full time and just had a new born son in sept (its my first child) and dont have much time to my self these days to be botherd shimming valves so i took it to my local stealership (also a yamaha dealer that does not sell honda :thumbsup: i know ) but none the less it was only 138.40 and the shimmed my valse and cleaned my carb pretty nice if you ask me.........but its the first time i ever took it in to get it done so my question is was i ripped off or is 138.40 a good deal

If they shimmed your valves and cleaned your carb. I mean really cleaned your carb then I think that price is dang good

yeah I had a buddy just bring his yz450f to measure his clearances, not shim them, and it cost him 130$ also.

so yeah, you got a pretty good deal IMO.

well thanks for the input everyone i got to ride her today and she is runnin mint first or second kick hot or cold very happy :thumbsup: but it is making a whistleing noise ? when u are accelerating kinda like those plastic tube that you used to swing around when you were little? any ideas what it might be it still runs great pulls hard no backfire is there something wrong or am i a loon

I've got a buddy that does it for $40, and does kick ass work :thumbsup: I'm going to learn to do it myself though. Can't be that hard.