Sign in to follow this  

Bike Dilemma

Well let me let you guys in on why I'm posting this. I own a 03' KX125. Last year I stopped freeriding around here locally, and went to tracks all summer long. It was a blast! But towards the end of last year, I blew her up. Now, obviously I wouldn't sell it blown up but my main question is, should I rebuild it, sell it, and get a 250f? Or Rebuild it, get my suspension rebuilt and revavled, and get it dialed for 2010. It'd be cool to race a series but I know that wont happen, don't have the time nor the cash, so if I could race a few I'd be happy.

Heres where the problem begins. I work about 20 hours everyweek after school, making around 135 a week. It's not a bad gig either, get to build fire trucks. Anywho, I have about 500 in the bank at all times. After car insurance, cell phone bill, and gas for my jeep alone...it is kinda hard to not make sure I'm not taking out more than I'm making. College is around the corner, no idea what I'm doing :thumbsup:

So anyway, I just want some opinions on what anyone else would do. I'm thinking rebuild the smoker but damn against the 250f's I dont stand a chance. I ride my buddies that he complains about and clear 65 foot tabletops that I don't come near to on my 125.

Thanks guys

-Wes

keep the 125, rebuild it, its gonna be cheaper in the long run especially if it blows again, better to rebuild a blown 2 stroke than 4 stroke... concider ditching the celphone unless ur on a contract, i use mine pay as u go for emergencies only, never HAD to use it yet, whilst i can still recieve txts for free and i let everyone I know, know that...

concider taking a peddle bike to work and riding the jeep less, you will save on gas, maybe try to pickup another small VERY part time job, like chores for a neighbor / landscaping etc.

I ride my buddies that he complains about and clear 65 foot tabletops that I don't come near to on my 125.

Thats silly dude , kids clear 100ft TT's no problem on 85's. Get your jetting spot on and make sure your topend is fresh and the bike should really haul a....

Yeah last I rode it the jetting was off. I had it bored out and never changed the jetting. Most time when I'd give it full throttle, it'd cut out.