Sign in to follow this  

Honda XR 600 USD Conversion

Hi All.

Any one who has done this mod, would you have the dimentions of a XR 600 steering head stem, mine is a 1996.

Reason being, I'm going to fit a Yamaha front end and want to make a new stem, but as I use the bike a lot I would like to make it prior to stripping the bike, so I can keep using it and not have it in bits for to long.

I just got done fitting a 97' CR250 front end on my 95' XR600. I have the stem laying on the bench at home so I can get you the specs later when I get home from work. I used the stem from emig racing and it fit like a glove. I have made stem conversions before but I must say it was nice to get a turn key product.

Hi.

Thanks very much for your help, the diamensions would be very helpful, I will also have a look at Emig racing, I'm in the UK.

Was it easy enough to get the stem out?

Thanks Andrew

I only have a standard (not SI Unit), caliper, mine measured at 1.0025". If you're going to have a stem made, it will be much easier giving the machinist the bearing that needs to fit. As for getting the stem out of the triple, it presses in easy enough. It's a tight interference fit, I think I saw somewhere that its 0.003?

Hi.

Thanks very much for your help, the diamensions would be very helpful, I will also have a look at Emig racing, I'm in the UK.

Was it easy enough to get the stem out?

Thanks Andrew

It was simple to get the stem out with a press. I'm not sure if emig lists a stem for your application but it would be worth sending him an email and asking.

http://www.emigracing.com/