Frozen kick start

I just had my entire top end rebuilt on my bike from a yamaha dealer. New piston, cylinder, valves, etc. I have less than 1 hour on the rebuild when the bike stalled out and the motor seized up. It didn't make a loud boom, clunking, or banging noise. It made a fairly faint and short hissing sound. Went to start it and obviously it was frozen. I have a warranty on the work through the Yamaha dealer and they're making it seem like they aren't going to cover it.

I waited a month for this lousy dealer to do the top end at an unbelievable $1200. Does it sound like I threw a rod or something with the crank? If I had problems with the crank shouldn't the dealer noted this before doing the rebuild? Or am I just crazy thinking a seized up motor with less than 1 hour after a rebuild should be covered under warranty?

You spent $1200.00 dollars there so I would say if they resist find out what you can do legally against them. Maybe small claims court. Do not touch the bike in the mean time. I mean dont tear it down otherwise they might try to claim that you did something to cause the failure. You might need to take it to a reputable shop (if you can find one) and have them determine the cause.

• 1 year later...