Sign in to follow this  

Help! TTR125LE won't start!!

I have a 2008 TTR125LE and I haven't ridden it in a while. I know its still cold outside and it will be harder to start, but I can't get it to at all. I even just recharged the battery. I know the most common answer is going to be ohhh check your carb. But I'm not quite convinced that's what it is. please help.

thanks

Spray some starting fluid in the intake of the carb and try to start it again. If it starts with starting fluid you can pretty much rule out everything else but a fuel problem. Most likely it is in the carb. If the bike ran with no issues and now doesn't run after sitting for a while what has changed? Most likely the gas went bad....make sense? This new gas goes bad....FAST, and clogs the carb. I always always always did I say always run the carb dry and drain the bowl if the bike will sit for more than 2 days. PITA but better than cleaning a clogged carb!

I have a 2008 and it wouldn't start if you ran it 2 hours before. my problem was a bad carb from the factory so you might want to check it out at your dealer. The dealer will need your carb number to see if it was one of the ones with "the issue". Also from this forum I had the new carb main jet replaced with a 110 and the pilot jet replaced with a 17.5. It now starts like a dream and doesn't take 10 minutes to get warm so I can ride it. I hope this helps.

Check spark, pull plug lay it on the head and crank over (threads touching head, coil wire connected as normal). If blue spark, probably a clogged jet. As stated before, always drain gas from carb if it will sit for any period of time

My grandson's 2009 TTR 125 sat in garage since August. Would not start. Read a post on Thumpertalk about draining carb bowl. So what I did was drain some gas out of the tank and found a couple of TBSP of water; then

drained bowl. Removed spark plug and shot some gas into cylinder. A couple of cranks and at started and now runs. I came to Thumpertalk as a Google search and found this very simple solution. Really appreciate this forum.