Sign in to follow this  

Pimped my ride.

It's a 2003 WR250F which I have been racing for a year. It was looking a bit rough after a hard season, the last race was a 24 hour enduro in Wales which took it's toll on just about everything. The bodywork was shabby and the frame was very rusty, most of the bearings had also seen better days.

I have to say I did not do any of the work myself, I don't have the time or the patience, a good friend took on the challenge. He has done dozens of bikes and has the patience of a saint and is meticulous.

The bike has been stripped completely, frame and stand powder coated, every nut and bolt replated. Plenty of bling has been added along the way. The engine has been untouched internally, nothing needed there as it never misses a beat, externally it has been pain stakingly scrubbed due to 8 years of off road residue it was basically brown. Clutch and Ignition covers bead blasted as were the calipers. Original wheels were black excel rims with stainless Talon hubs but the rims were dented and badly scratched and the hubs had tarnished and looked awful so the standard Yamaha rims were anodised black and the stainless hubs powder coated grahite grey then re-laced with stainless spokes and nipples. I could write all night about the extras added and the work done but I'll let you see for yourselves.

I am well pleased with the end result and hope you are too.

Thanks to Andy Willetts for many hours of hard graft.

DSCF0832.jpg

DSCF0833.jpg

DSCF0834.jpg

DSCF0835.jpg

DSCF0836.jpg

DSCF0837.jpg

DSCF0838.jpg

DSCF0839.jpg

DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0841.jpg

Edited by trevor morgan

Bike looks sweet, your bud did a great job! Are you saying that the motor internals have never been touched? Man that would say alot for the WR's reliability. I'm sure yours takes alot of abuse as you are racing it.

Good job and good luck!

Cheers, Jeff

He really must be a good friend. Bike looks almost new. I hope you took care of him, at least a cold one.

Bike looks sweet, your bud did a great job! Are you saying that the motor internals have never been touched? Man that would say alot for the WR's reliability. I'm sure yours takes alot of abuse as you are racing it.

Good job and good luck!

Cheers, Jeff

It's not been apart since I've had it apart from valve clearance checks. It's done 3900 miles 95% off road.

I posted the pics today as it will be raced tomorrow in a local enduro so won't look quite so good in 24 hours time.

That is a good looking 03,and it look like he is as meticulous as me!Looks great!

that bike looks great, sick, awsome.... cant find the right word

Looks very good!

I'm curious about your tail light. I hate the big stocker and yours looks great!

Beautiful ! Just proves that road riding screws them much more than road (mines dead in unber 3000 miles due to road use wrecking the gearbox ) very nice mate and giving me faith in my 2005 biker that i thought was dead.. :thumbsup:

Nice WR! Is that the Braking oversized front rotor? If so, how do you like it?

It's the standard size disc. I find it great, plenty of feel and doesn't lock up easily although I've added a Hel braided line so hoping that doesn't make it too harsh, let you know later after todays race.

Rear light is off ebay, very cheap but looks good, bit like a standard CRFx light, LED too so no more broken bulbs, also without a back light it would look too much like a crosser.

Thanks for the comments chaps, glad you like it.

It went well today, got a 5th in the 1st half of the enduro then went out for the 2nd half and the rear brake fell apart on the 1st lap. Wasn't too dissapointed as the bike went well until then and got plenty of praise from onlookers. Bound to have a few teething probs when a bike has been stripped completely.

Very nice job on the bike! After you bead blasted the covers and calipers, did you clear coat them or leave them raw?

Very nice job on the bike! After you bead blasted the covers and calipers, did you clear coat them or leave them raw?

They are left raw. I'm told as long as they are cleaned soon after getting muddy, dried and covered in WD40 they come up good.