Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Sticking

Hey guys I did a re-jet last weekend and my throttle is sticking really bad. It was sticking a little before but it's even worse now. When you open the throttle it releases back very slowly. I took everything apart again today and the throttle cable moves freely and I made sure it's not being pinched by the gas tank... I'm wondering what this could be??

I believe it may be the spring that goes inside the needle holder. I'm pretty sure I got it back to together correctly but I could be wrong about that. (I only seen one way to could go in) The spring itself looks good, it's not damaged or bent in any way. Can anyone think of anything else it could be? Or anything else I could try? Thanks in advance...

Double check your cable routing. The 450's are notorious for this and your bike could be too.

If the top of the throttle cam is rotated towards the interior when tightening the bands around the rubber boots, the cam will rub against the frame.

my throttle was sticking and I found it to be the push cable was freyed in the throttle tube,removed it and everything works great.I also have a ttr125 that had a slow returning throttle and I found the rubber grip was touching the handlebar,moved it out and now thats fine too.

my throttle was sticking and I found it to be the push cable was freyed in the throttle tube,removed it and everything works great.I also have a ttr125 that had a slow returning throttle and I found the rubber grip was touching the handlebar,moved it out and now thats fine too.

There's what my problem was. The little rubber grip/boot on the brake lever was causing the throttle to stick. I cut a little hole where it was rubbing and problem is solved!!! I love it when problems are that easy and cheap to fix! :thumbsup: