Boots guys with large calves

I need to buy another pair of mx boots. I have karge calves.

I was wearing some cheaper thor boots. They never close right.

I am looking at sidis or gaernes. Do any of you guys have the thick lower leg problem with boots?If any of you have used the sidi or garene boots could

you give me your opinion? Thanks.

I am looking at sidis or gaernes. Do any of you guys have the thick lower leg problem with boots?If any of you have used the sidi or garene boots could

Sidi Crossfire SRS Boots

Adjustable Calf System: Sidi’s exclusive, patented, adjustable calf system allows the rider to adjust the diameter of the Crossfire boot at the calf. This system, along with longer upper straps, allows the Crossfire boot to accommodate riders with larger calves easier than any other boot now available. The Crossfire can acommodate riders with up to a 22-inch calf diameter 14 inches above from the bottom of their heel. The inner plastic plate is made of two different materials; a rigid one to support the boot and a heat resistant one to protect the rider’s leg from exhaust heat. All components of this system are fully replaceable and are available in a wide variety of colors.

• 1 year later...

I have huge Calves myself and just ordered gaerne SG12's....yey they fit perfect and I was able to fit my tree trunk calves in them and secure all straps as well as the top velcro section. I did come about an inch or 1.5 inches short when velcroing the top but it is definatley secure. Its like sticking your feet in warm apple pie ?...so comfy but shifting has become a pain in my neck since I am used to riding in my Addidas size 11.5 wich put me ito Gaernes size 12..perfect fit!!! Good luck ..it was SIDI or Gaernes from my research, best of luck!!I got my SG2's for $ 3 weeks ago for 419.99

I have huge calves and wear knee braces.

I took the boot straps to a shoe shop and had them take some stiff leather with "D" rings and make some extensions.

Loop the leather around the end of the plastic bootstrap about 2-3" with the "D" ring on the end.

In a pinch I made some loops of parachute cord, looped through the end of the boot strap and then hooked the looped end on the anchor point of the boot.

Both ways, the work.

yeah those are nice boots all of them, but dang they are SO expensive. my 12 yr old has got calves like a power lifter and hes a new rider so big money on just boots is a no. my alpinsstar tech 8 wont fit em when hes got his shin gaurds on. so are there any other boots theat sport features of dudes with bigger calves?

yeah those are nice boots all of them, but dang they are SO expensive. my 12 yr old has got calves like a power lifter and hes a new rider so big money on just boots is a no. my alpinsstar tech 8 wont fit em when hes got his shin gaurds on. so are there any other boots theat sport features of dudes with bigger calves?

Try and look at knee guards that are JUST knee guards and don't extend down into the boots. You don't really need shin guards anyway, IMO, with good boots. I use the 661 DJ Knee Guard, they are big and beefy so if he wears in the boot pants or tight fitting pants they prob wont fit under the pants. I wear Klim OTB pants and don't have any trouble with them. Other Knee only guards may work out for you better.