Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

2001 Dale MX400, what do you think?

I have always riden one of the big 3's so I don't know anything about Cannondale but I was offered a decent 01 Cannondale MX400 for 1k. Not sure if its even worth it or just going to be a headache. I mainly ride trails/ORV parks, not a racer anymore but a pretty fast rider so I would put it through its paces. I have seen a couple posts about ATK dealers with some Dale parts still available but are parts 3times what a Japenese model would? I would appreciate any advice you can offer, what to look for, etc.

OK, he is telling me that he had a frame and engine update. Not sure about the MC500 to MC1000 CPU. Are you aware of any other updates I should choeck on. Thanks for your help

Updates for all cDales are: Stage 8 upgrade- engine, crank balance, z400 crank bearing, aluminum water impeller, update to the 1000 with the new efi maps. these are major updates that should be done to help with engine longevity. there are some chassis updates, but most of them have to do with the suspension. For more information you can check on http://www.cannondaler.com. The bikes are nice when they have the updates. starting at 1k without updates would be about right, but you would need to at least do the crank balance, stage 8, and aluminum impeller.:thumbsup:

go over to cannondaler.com; I have an 03 E440, supermoto conversion, and once dialed in they are good bikes but there are a few things you have to get taken care of.

parts can be cheaper than the big three, but you have to know where to get them, Cannondaler is the best resource to get questions answered.