New plastics and more to come! UPDATED 3/15

Hey guys so it is a lovely day here in Wisconsin for the first time in 5 months. Its 41 degrees out :banana:and sooo warm so id thought id get my bike out and clan her up and put on some new things. I didnt get a chance to wash it before i put it away so it was dirty. Oh and I polished the frame and swingarm.:ride:

100_5904.jpg

100_5906.jpg

So anywho after getting her all cleaned up I tokk off some parts i am replacing. I just ordered new chain and sprockets, chain slider, brake pads, engine plugs, and a new case saver. So as I took off the chain slider this happened ?:banghead:

100_5908.jpg

It snapped in half so I gotta get it out. Anywho tell me what you think i just put a green rear fender on versus a black one and i think it looks good. Im also putting my FMF slip on back on. LOok how nasty these sprockets and chain are lol Im gonna clean the engine up when i replace them.

100_5909.jpg

Edited by Jonah52

You think? am i being over dramatic in thinking the engine is dirty? what do you use to get oil and baked on stuff off of the engine and how do you guys clean your hubs? my hands are too big. I also went through and tightened my spokes.

what do you use to get oil and baked on stuff off of the engine and how do you guys clean your hubs?

7040296_gun_eb1_pri_larg.jpg

It snapped in half so I gotta get it out.

Are you talking about the chain slider bolt being broke off? If all else fails take a nut and weld it to the bolt through the center, then use a socket and turn her out. That's the only way I could get mine out when the head stripped out.

Hey do you know if there is a free online manual for this bike?

PM me your email address.

Where your frame goes from the shiny to the dull look, can you polish the dull part to look like the shiny part. This sounds dumb, but just wondering.

You can, but it usually wears off rather quick and leaves nasty black marks on your boots. I did it on my kxf and ended up just letting it go back to the dull color again.

Hey guys got most of my parts installed now.

engine plugs

-x-ring chain

-front sprocket

-rear sprocket

-chain slider

-moose case saver

I also threw in pics of my old mans bike. Tell me what you guys think. Is my chain good tension? And is my rear tire good to keep using?

100_5921.jpg

100_5922.jpg

100_5923.jpg

100_5924.jpg

100_5925.jpg

100_5926.jpg

Anybody spot snything missing?

Nice looking bike. Your front brake line is on the wrong side of your left fork leg.

that and your chain is waaay too loose.

003.jpg

chain should be roughly that tension, possibly a shade looser. Stay tuned for my pics in the next few weeks. Suspension should be back next week sometime and I half about half of the parts on now.

Alright so far chain too loose which I figuered, and the brake line thing was a simple mistake, and my axle blocks are backwards which was intentional but I think if I flip them around my chain should be good tension wise you think?