Sign in to follow this  

Procircuit Ride Impression

I know the PC exhaust for KTMs aren't too popular around here, but I thought I would post up a ride impression of the ti-4r I got for my 2010 250sxf.

Installation was a snap, nothing really to report. Jetting was a little more difficult, maybe I just don't know the trick to getting to the jets but I had to remove the subframe. Luckily the settings PC gave me were close enough to be adjusted in with the fuel screw.

On the track the pipe is awesome. It is a little loud for my tastes, but it was quieter than most of the other 250fs. Bottom end is soft, maybe even lost a little. Mid range feels stock. The top end is crazy fast though. I couldn't believe how hard it pulls all the way to the limiter. By far the fastest stock 250f I have ever ridden. It is exactly what I wanted out of a pipe, but I am a little bummed a lost some bottom. Needless to say if you are looking for some more over rev I would say this pipe is for you. If you want bottom, or an overall power delivery I think the FMF would be a much better solution. I am happy with my decision and thought I would inform people that it is atleast a viable exhaust.

I know the PC exhaust for KTMs aren't too popular around here, but I thought I would post up a ride impression of the ti-4r I got for my 2010 250sxf.

Installation was a snap, nothing really to report. Jetting was a little more difficult, maybe I just don't know the trick to getting to the jets but I had to remove the subframe. Luckily the settings PC gave me were close enough to be adjusted in with the fuel screw.

On the track the pipe is awesome. It is a little loud for my tastes, but it was quieter than most of the other 250fs. Bottom end is soft, maybe even lost a little. Mid range feels stock. The top end is crazy fast though. I couldn't believe how hard it pulls all the way to the limiter. By far the fastest stock 250f I have ever ridden. It is exactly what I wanted out of a pipe, but I am a little bummed a lost some bottom. Needless to say if you are looking for some more over rev I would say this pipe is for you. If you want bottom, or an overall power delivery I think the FMF would be a much better solution. I am happy with my decision and thought I would inform people that it is atleast a viable exhaust.

Usually when you gain somewhere (on top) you loose somewhere else (bottom).

Its a hardcore moto pipe for sure. With the fmf I tried it was an allover gain to the powerband. I really like this thing. I couldn't imagine it being good in offroad at all. I don't know where ricks reply went, but I would think this pipe with a 280 kit would be nice. The BB would bring back bottom, and still have a pretty decent over rev. All in personal opinion though.

Motox action mag rekons it pushes 40 hp with that pipe.. Don't remember where an it's probly only for 500 rpm or something but still pretty impressive!