Sign in to follow this  

California cc camp to pillsbury

Has anyone gone from cc camp to pillsbury and if so how hard is it and how far, will one tank of gas make it there and back.. going with some friend on sunday....

As long as you have a bike with a plate its no problem. I don't know the mileage but

the last time a rode over there from cc camp I didn't burn much gas in my drz.

I know it took me less than a hour to get there.

I rode outta CC Camp last year with a buddy who has a place in Pillsbury and I asked him that exact question. He said probably not - and that was taking all "legal" routes for off road bikes.

If you want to go the direct route up the hill and thru Penny Pines you will need to have a plate after you get to the end of the PP trails. The rangers will nail you for sure on the road, I have seen lots of unwary dirt bikers get popped on M1. Gas is available in Pillsbury.

How are the trails in Pillsbury anyway? I've seen them on the map and wanted to go check them out as most of them are black diamonds. However, I have never felt it was worth the additional drive to reach them. My worry is that they will be like the black diamonds in PP, which could really be a blue trail at any other park.

Pillsbury rules if you know where to go. Ive made it there from PP and back on a single tank. Even rode around a bit while we were there. Didnt have plates either, but got lucky.