Sign in to follow this  

Honda Oddysey questions

Ok, first of all i didnt know what catagory to put this under so i put it in the atv forum. OK i have a an old honda oddysey go-cart that i want to restore, but the original motor was junk so what should I get for a motor to put in it? It originally had a 250cc honda motor in it.

Honda no longer offers a 250 crate engine (the simple solution), so you are going to have to search the aftermarket or rebuild the engine that is in it.

It gets problematic when you try to cram some other engine in there, but if that is your goal, then I would try the CR250.

There are several specialized web sites for the Odyssey/Pilot, have you checked them out????

If you were a quad racer in the 90's, the 250 engine in the 250R frame was your only choice....so there was a huge aftermarket back then to support it. Search, because many of those engine builders are still around and should be able to help you find something.

If you want to put a different engine in it, they it is up to you yourself to figure out what will fit in there, and then go looking for an engine with those dimensions.