Sign in to follow this  

Oil level / viewer....?

hi Guys, gave my KXF (2009) a oil change today as only picked it up a few days ago. Drained the oil, looked like not a lot came out and it was well due for a change. I put in 0.75L as in the manual as i did not replace the filter, but the viewer shows too much oil as it looks like the oil level is over the viewer and not between the lines.

Should I go by the measurment I put in or drain some and go by the viewer??

Cheers all

....also does the front disc rattle..?!!nI am guessing the front disc is the stock disc it seems to be made from two seperate rings

i know this sounds a lame question but this is my first kwaker!! Just checking

The brake disc is floating to stop it from warping when it gets hot. It´s normal and you will not notice it while riding.

The oil window shows too much just when the oil is poured in.

When the engine has been run it will show a lower level.

Some people reported clutch trouble with the recommended amount of oil (which is way lower than in -08), the solution is to not care so much about the window and add a whole liter (quart) every oil change.

It will not hurt performance or blow seals.

I have added that amount for over 50 hours with no problems.

Just use the window to see IF you have oil at all, and to judge it´s color.

warm engine before you drain and when the oil stops push down on the kick starter a few time you will get out a lot more oil. keep your finger on the kill switch!!!!!!!!!!!!. it takes time to drain out all the oil.

Also some bikes have a second drain hole, mine has another one under the skid plate.

Not -09 and up. Only -04 to -08.

I just changed the oil on my kxf 2010 250 for the first time today after running it in..So are you saying i should be putting a full litre in??the manual says 0.80L ??

I just changed the oil on my kxf 2010 250 for the first time today after running it in..So are you saying i should be putting a full litre in??the manual says 0.80L ??

I would recommend that, yes.

Can putting extra oil in do any damage to seals r watever ?

Cheers