my sons first wrestling tournament!

Ok, I know this isnt motocross related so I hope I dont get in trouble for this.

So today was my 5 year old sons (Ryder) very first wrestling tournament. I am very proud of him. Its been a long tiring winter, but every Tuesday, and Thursday he has stuck it out and gone to the gym for practice. We woke up at 6 this morning, weighed in at 8 for a tournament that was supposed to begin at 10. Didnt start till about 11:30. In his division there were three brackes A-C A being for those with the most experience etc..... He was supposed to be in division C, but was moved up to B to even out brackets. I am so proud, first match from neutral position, he scored takedown after takedown, and a near fall! He got beat on points due to multiple escapes after switching to top starting position. In the end he got beat by one point. Second match he got pinned right from the word go. I honestly think the long day kicked his butt. To his credit, he happily shook his opponents hands, and didnt cry. (lots of crying there) As we walked away he told me he'd get them back next tournament. Ok, I lied.... I'm beyond proud!

guilderlandtournament.jpg

Great stuff!! Wrestling is the next greatest sport next to motorcycling!!!! I wrestled at one of NJ's premier h/s and got a ride to ESU. Coached for 10 years at the middle school and h/s levels too. I love the individuality of the sport, much like riding and racing.And, just like riding, keep it fun and he can have a long career in the sport.

Very cool - isn't it great to see kids going after something they enjoy. In 2 weeks I need to pull my daughter out of school a half day so that she can swim. Golds which is the best in the region meet for their 'Olympics' which is based on times throughout the year. She's in 7 events plus relays Friday - Sunday.

Very cool stuff and thanks for sharing your proud moment!

Very cool - isn't it great to see kids going after something they enjoy. In 2 weeks I need to pull my daughter out of school a half day so that she can swim. Golds which is the best in the region meet for their 'Olympics' which is based on times throughout the year. She's in 7 events plus relays Friday - Sunday.

Very cool stuff and thanks for sharing your proud moment!

Hey man, thats awesome! Let us all know how it pans out. Let her know we're cheering for her!