Sign in to follow this  

Riding pants ?

Just wondering about over the boot pants v. in the boot pants, which do you prefer and why?

under it looks a lot nicer kinda like tucking in your shirt and they cant get caught on anything like a branch or the chain or get burnt on the exhaust.

Yeah, in the boot is the way to go...I've thrashed the pant leg almost immediately on the two over the boot pants I've had. Also, you tend to grip the bike with your boots more often than you realize, having the pant leg over the boot hinders this...

If you have a 4-Poke your pipe will burn right through them. A friend of mine has a pair that he wears when its wet and muddy. They keep water from entering the boot and his boots clean

If you have a 4-Poke your pipe will burn right through them. A friend of mine has a pair that he wears when its wet and muddy. They keep water from entering the boot and his boots clean

My new Thor pants are jacked due to the hot pipe with over the boot pants. :thumbsup:

I love my over the boots but have a 2 stroke. Never got caught in anything or burned. Mine zip off so I can wear them as shorts to the track and then put the legs on for riding.

Moose 6" straight section CF head shield. Problem solved.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10848&d=1246308398

I use over the boot only in muddy and snowy weather,just to keep the inside of my boots and buckles clean and stay a little warmer.Plus I really dont like the look of over the boots.

I prefer over the boot pants.I have thick legs and its much more comfortable and easier to fasten the buckles on my size 15 Tech 8's.I have had good results with the Klim Dakar and Klim Mojave pants.On the inside of the legs they are leather from the knee to ankle.I ride a Honda 450X w/ MRD exhaust and no heat shield.I haven't had a problem yet with burning or melting the Klim's.

I've only ever owned one pair of over the boot pants and for running trails and stuff they were awesome. On real hot days though, especially at the track I noted my feet felt a lot warmer so I switched back to normal style pants. Plus they keep your boots kinda clean.

Bryan, Point made, I didn't realize this thread existed, sorry for the screw up. :bonk:Delete my thread if you want to.

Nope. Not your fault. I just happened to see the other thread and figured I'd link it. Boy, wouldn't it be cool if our system knew that other threads were reletive to your question and showed them as suggested reading? Coming soon. :thumbsup: