Sign in to follow this  

California Gorman area trails... quick question.

Hey i was wondering if anyone had any insite or links to maps that have labeled trails out between gorman / hungry valley area and lake of woods / fraizer park area.

I have always wanted to take east frazier or tejon out of hungry valley and make a big ole loop. I have read you can go out East Frazier to 8N24 to arrasta to Tejon. is this true... Really im just lookin for some new stuff... been all over the trails in the basin area of hungry valley but never had the opportunity like i am tomorrow to ride with experienced riders.

Last I was there the forest trails where closed until June I believe...

You should check out Rowher for a change of pace.

-Rick

Hey i was wondering if anyone had any insite or links to maps that have labeled trails out between gorman / hungry valley area and lake of woods / fraizer park area.

I have always wanted to take east frazier or tejon out of hungry valley and make a big ole loop. I have read you can go out East Frazier to 8N24 to arrasta to Tejon. is this true... Really im just lookin for some new stuff... been all over the trails in the basin area of hungry valley but never had the opportunity like i am tomorrow to ride with experienced riders.

Yes that is true. But as others have said it is closed now. They usually open up around mid May.

awww man really... why? just the rains degrading the trails or what?

well we are going anyways so ill let you guys know if they are open or not... fingers crossed that they are open but im not holding my breath.

Also whats the best way to map out routes on those trails... google maps dont list em.

boo... i wanted to play in some snow if possible... anyways

"Also whats the best way to map out routes on those trails... google maps dont list em."

awww man really... why? just the rains degrading the trails or what?

well we are going anyways so ill let you guys know if they are open or not... fingers crossed that they are open but im not holding my breath.

Also whats the best way to map out routes on those trails... google maps dont list em.

If you start in HV the only way in and out is Tejon and E. Frazier. There is a good map of the area they used to give out at the gate but they have not had them for years. Get the one they give you and that should be good enough to get you around. I am not a fan of closures but I am not also a fan of flying off a cliff due to slipping and sliding in the snow...

I was there today and sorry but the forest is closed... we got soaked riding today but was fun anyways! Tomorrow should be nice unless it rains again.

you can go to the local Forest Service office and they have maps for sale...If I remember they were $5 or less. I got mine from the office off lockwood valley rd in fraizer, but I think you can go to any office and get the maps.

as far as trails out of hungry valley east fraizer and tejon are the only way out unless your plated to make a loop but you can ride up over fraizer mountain to lock wood valley rd and from the bottom on that side you have about 5 or 6 different trails that will take you back up to the top of the mountain where you can pick up tejon or east fraizer trail...that makes for a long ride but there is some good riding on that side.

aww man well i guess we will have to go up again sometime when they open. Tomorrow should be fun spost to stop raining early (6am) in the morning so should make for some fun riding.