Sign in to follow this  

What are the pros and cons of the 2008 yz250f?

I went to a few different dealer today and was looking at the yamaha 250fs. they had a 2010 but thats a little out of my price range. they had a nice brand new 2008 that was in my price range. I was wondering what is good and what is bad about this bike?What are the pros and cons of this bike?

Can you compare it to a used rmz250? what are things that may be better or worse on the yz250f then the rmz?

the yz is probably cheaper to buy and cheaper parts! Love my 08 250f. I bought it as a leftover in 09.

If you can afford and have found a brand new 08 YZ250f then I would make sure you dont miss out. They are a great bike, and once set up, as competitive as anything out on the track. All I did to mine was full pro circuit exhaust system, suspension revalve to suit weight/ability and then just pumped out motos three times a week. Ultra reliable, as everyone in this forum will tell you, and just need to change oil and filter regularly and use clean air filter every ride. I would cross off your list any second hand RMZ250 as quickly as you put it on there. If you do go with the YZ you will be very happy with your decision, GUARANTEED!!!!!

:thumbsup::ride:

is $4200 an ok price? Im in maine so prices on bike are a little higher then around most other states because there arent as many just laying around.. i went to three dealers and each only had 2 250f each. 4200 was the cheapest one. is it worth it? i will be racing motocross with it.

No, we werent really given a quote. it was 4200 on the price tag however it is 2 years left over so we might be able to talk the guy down a hundred or to but maybe not.

how are the torque on these? i have heard yamaha's are a little low on torque

i have heard yamaha's are a little low on torque

"negative Ghost Rider, the torque curve is full"

I got my 08 yz250f for 4400 otd a year ago, but i had a hookup. 4200 otd is a good deal. if thats what the tag said then I'm sure you can get them down a little.

EDIT: And I love my bike. I had a hard time getting it started when i first bought it, but it could have been user error or a learnign curve. 0 issues now.

The only negative about a 08 is they dont rev out as well as other bikes but get an aftermarket exhaust like the Pro Circuit Ti 4 or the Yoshimura and you will be fine. I have owned 3 08's and they have been trouble free. I actually sill own 2 of them and they are great bikes. $4200.00 is a good price but tell them you will pay $4200.00 out the door and not a dime more.

I got my 08 yz250f for 4400 otd a year ago, but i had a hookup. 4200 otd is a good deal. if thats what the tag said then I'm sure you can get them down a little.

EDIT: And I love my bike. I had a hard time getting it started when i first bought it, but it could have been user error or a learnign curve. 0 issues now.

I got 08 250f in 09 for $4200 OTD. The dealer was a pretty big prick when I tried to make a better deal. Finally I said just give me a free t-shirt and we had a deal. He told me to go down the street if I wanted a free t-shirt. He said he had the best prices around (he did by about $500) so I just paid him the money and will never go back to buy anything (except maybe a new bike). :banana:

Its a solid bike, but it doesnt do anything exceptionally well. It needs alot of input to turn, it tends to stand up in turns if you arent coming into the corner with the proper lean. The power in low to mid. The suspension is pretty good stock, but its still worth it to have it set it up for your weight and speed. The 08 YZF is very vanilla.

Im not sure what is left but dealers in Oh, Mi, and Pa were selling 08 yz250f for $3499 +tax/title=OTD, 09 yz250f for $3999 +tax/title=OTD. I bought my son's 08 last year for $3999 +tax/title=OTD.

If you have looked around and there are not many in your area and it's a good dealer I'd say go for it. But I would tell them $4200 OTD!!!! It's a great bike!

I got 08 250f in 09 for $4200 OTD. The dealer was a pretty big prick when I tried to make a better deal. Finally I said just give me a free t-shirt and we had a deal. He told me to go down the street if I wanted a free t-shirt. He said he had the best prices around (he did by about $500) so I just paid him the money and will never go back to buy anything (except maybe a new bike). :banana:

I am pretty stubborn and would have told him to pizz off and bought the bike somewhere else for the extra $500.00. I wont do business with a holes like that. Its one thing if he's nice about it and claims he cant go any lower but to be a prick about it. Yeah I'll buy down the street and make sure all my buddies know not to go to that dealership for anything.