Sign in to follow this  

WR250X or DRZ400sm

SO I'm 16 and am getting my street license and a street bike soon. I am moving this summer to NH where I plan to ride back roads which are top speed of around 50 I think. I definatly want a bike that can ride comfortably at these speeds for about 30 min. Also it would be cool if it came with SM wheels like the two above. I race MX currently and am riding a yz250f so I am familiar with motorcycles but I understand that street riding is different. Any suggestions

wr250x and you wont regret it. bas ass fun. light and zippy, i went 90mph on my stock and 30 min rides is comfy cause i shaved my seat foam down and added a gel pad i got from ebay.

You really need to try and ride both........

IMO the DRZ is a better investment....plenty of mods availible, very reliable and for the $$$ just a better deal.

I rode the wr250 and to be honest it just wasn't for me...but I have a DRZ and then rode the WR so I was already kinda biased....

IF at all possible..try and ride them first...thats the only way you will know...

All of us can go back and forth on whats better about each but it's still up to you:thumbsup:

Depends how much you care about torque. If you don't a WR is a good bike. If you enjoy the feeling of acceleration when you twist your wrist, get a DRZ SM. I've done both.