Sign in to follow this  

09 KX250f forks

I got the chance to get a brand new set of forks of a 09 kx250f. Are they better than my 07 forks, and will they even fit ? I also think I have a problem with the right fork on my bike. After serv. them the fork is noisey. When I took it back apart the damp rod stays pushed in. You can pull it out then it gets sucked back in. I swapped the base valve unit out from the other side and it works fine. It acts like its building vac. inside the cartridge. I bleed it out several times and no go with that base valve.:thumbsup:

i have a set of 09 internals for sale...........just put them in your outer tubes.....fits 06-10

I got the chance to get a brand new set of forks of a 09 kx250f. Are they better than my 07 forks, and will they even fit ? I also think I have a problem with the right fork on my bike. After serv. them the fork is noisey. When I took it back apart the damp rod stays pushed in. You can pull it out then it gets sucked back in. I swapped the base valve unit out from the other side and it works fine. It acts like its building vac. inside the cartridge. I bleed it out several times and no go with that base valve.:thumbsup:

Either you didn´t manage to bleed it correctly, or you have a blown seal in the cartridge.

My buddy had the same problem. The seal is not available from Kawasaki.

It was pretty hard to change it out.

I remember it being a lip seal with an O.D. of 20mm, and I.D. 10mm. It was 6 mm high if I recall correctly.

I managed to find one at work so we made it work.

The seal in question is located at the bottom of the cartridge with the small ics spring. It´s inside the aluminum thing that holds the 2 teflon bushings:

IMG_1765.jpg

Or, if oil runs down the shaft when bleeding it could be the lower seal. That one is supposed to be real tricky. I have no idea how to change that one.

I think your right about that small inner seal on the piston DK. I put every seal and bushing in them. However nobody and not even the dealer could find a number on that little inner seal.

I think your right about that small inner seal on the piston DK. I put every seal and bushing in them. However nobody and not even the dealer could find a number on that little inner seal.

I would suggest trying to find the seal at a machine shop that carries bearings, belts, hoses and seals and that sort of industrial things.

I remember it being 10x20x6 mm.

The one I found was 5 mm, but I put a washer over it and made up the difference.

It was hard to get out without scratching the aluminum, and hard to press in too. I messed up the first one and had to get a second one. The seal is a common item really and is only worth like $2 each.

You don´t have to loosen the shimstack nut, you unscrew a nut through the spring with a wrench.

Well I found the problem, its that seal like you stated. I can hold the piston straight and see light thru the seal from the other side. Yeah what a pain in the rear to get it out. I searched and finally found a few places online.