Sign in to follow this  

YZ250 vs WR250F dirt drag race

Me and some buddies out riding at the Ridge in Springville, AL. The weather was great in the mid 60's for once!! We all headed down to the dirt drag strip after some trail riding to have some fun. I hung right with my other buddies on CRF250R/X's. Then I wanted to race my buddy on his YZ250 2smoke. It would of been a real close race had I not I missed the shift from 2nd to 3rd. He ended up getting about a bike on me. Good times even when I got my ass handed to me :ride::thumbsup:

Edited by haknslash

Yeah I got smoked but he's also running much shorter gearing than me. Given the power differences of the two bikes and my missed shift I'll gladly take a one bike length loss lol.

If there is one thing I have to change on my bike it's the stock gearing. It's too tall for the type of trail riding we do (tight technical trails). I constantly find myself going from 1st to 2nd throughout most of the day with brief times I'll ever see 3rd gear. My gearbox gets worked heh.

dang i remember watching this video like a month before I joind tt, small world.

This video was taken yesterday :thumbsup:

The only thing drag racing over such a short distance in loose dirt proves is who gets the best start and makes the cleanest shifts. To really determine differences in the bikes, you need to have equal starts or rolling starts and go through all the gears.

lol yea you got smoked. But its expected from a bigger bike. lol

Its not a bigger bike...

The only thing drag racing over such a short distance in loose dirt proves is who gets the best start and makes the cleanest shifts. To really determine differences in the bikes, you need to have equal starts or rolling starts and go through all the gears.

We've roll raced on asphalt before and my WR took him up top mainly due to the taller gearing.