Sign in to follow this  

How do I buy a Non-local bike?

I've been looking for a bike in my area, but havent found the right deal. What im wondering is how to buy a bike from someone in the east or south without getting burned.

Any advise on payment methods and shipping would be awesome. I've never done this before, but some of the deals a few states away beat the crap out of NW prices. :thumbsup:

Thanks

What bike are you looking for? We can help in the PNW section.

I live in the Puget sound area and went down south of Salem for my bike....

Use JAxed(misses some, but easy) and search tempest to search craigslist...

I remember your thread when you were looking for a bike. I've read it a couple times.

I'll give you 2 guesses what bike I'm looking for. They seem to be quite popular.

I am very new when it comes to riding. I have had one other bike, it was a 06' CRF230F. I sold it about a year ago and I'm looking to get another bike so I can continue my riding experience.

And like you I just wanna do trails in the NW. After riding the 4T I wanna try something different.

Edited by Soldevi

Because I knew you would hit it on the first guess. And you did :thumbsup:

But I'm wondering if will be too much for me. I kinda don't care, I plan to keep it for a while so I'll learn how to ride it. Unless I absolutely hate it, which seems unlikely considering what I've read about them.

Mine has a FWW and is very controllable. It still has allot of power, and I do crash, but I wouldn't want anything else. Just keep looking and praying...

So can anyone give some advise on doing a purchase that's not in person? Especially a private party.