New KDX 200 with cracked case.

So I picked up this KDX (93) and discovered a crack in the case on the backside of the kick start shaft and the guy I bought it from had made a bracket to hold it in place. However, it blows oil out of it pretty bad and despite the nifty bracket I would like to fix or replace it. My first thought was JB weld and then using the rather ingenious bracket to hold it all in place while the JB weld dries. Is anyone familiar with this motor cracking in this area and if so I would love some input. I priced a case through Bike Bandit and they want almost $500.00 for a replacement. I might have to find a parts bike. Has anyone tried the JB weld technique I would like to try? Thanks,

Shawn

I wasn't shopping just posted the first I found to show him he doesn't need to buy new.

That's a great price, I'd be all over that if I were him. ?

ha, sorry figured maybe you where the seller trying to make a few extra bucks, there are a couple on here... I happened upon that in my usual KDX ebay looking and thought I'd post it.

You need to get this one. That is a good deal for sure. I just looked and its still there so you have not bought this yet. It will be better than JB weld for sure.

Yes I got it for $25 plus $16.95 shipping. Not bad eh? Well in the mean time the JB weld is holding until I can dig in. I need to get a manual. I've only cracked the case on one other bike before and I'm a little intimidated not having ever worked on a smoker before. Any tips on cracking the case? Special tools maybe?

Thanks so much for the Ebay tip guys. I can't wait to hit the woods with this thing.

Shawn

Manual off ebay as well, get the service manual, think I snagged one for $20 shipped and it's very nice. ya to crack the case you need a puller, not sure exactly since I've never done it but takes quite a bit of work.

Well so far the JB weld is holding. I've blitzed around the back yard a few times and it's holding. this is my first experience with a KDX. I sure like the feel. I can't wait to get it in the woods. That is my main goal, a woods bike. Tight stuff. My DRZ 400 is a little big (do-able though) for the tight stuff. And for $500 I couldn't go wrong with it. This KDX is a MONSTER! I'll be taking it out this weekend for the maiden voyage (for me on KDX). Thanks guys. I'll be chiming in from now and then.