Sign in to follow this  

Your thoughts on this used DRZ

The ad is a bit weird, very limited info with no contact info.

It reads:

nice street legal dualsport

4380 miles

serous inquires only please/

rhk9dj.jpg

Email response from seller was also very short.

No mods and he has the title.

The bike looks really clean from the picture.

Asking $3395 for an 04. Thoughts???

It looks clean and well cared for and slightly modded. All signs, IMO of a knowledgeable owner. He probably just wants a serious looker/buyer and doesn't want to mess with lowballers. He is also a tad high on the price, again, IMHO.

Ask for his phone number so that you can give him a call and ask some questions. How long he's owned it, how did he ride it, type of oil used and how often it was changed, Manual Cam Chain tensioner or stock automatic, and does he know about this site?

Is the ad on Craigslist? There is always a lot of lookers there that are never serious.

Nice looking bike. Worth driving by and giving it the once over.

Yeah the bike is on Craigslist. Its currently in Washington state, so I'm planning on importing it into Canada, as I live in Vancouver.

I emailed him and asked for more pics and a contact number.

I was also thinking the price was a bit high. What do you guys think, somewhere between $2000 and $2500???

Also, when I look at it, anything I should specifically look at before I buy it?

I'm planning to check the oil, air filter, make sure the bike is straight and the clutch feels right. Anything else?

offer the guy $3250 at most. its all stock as it looks. seems like an ok deal.

Hey Sm nut. where do you ride? havent seen many wisconsinites on here where you ride? I'm sure there shouldnt be a tensioner problem with this bike as is there not really many to speak of any how. but make sure you hear it run.:thumbsup:

I picked up 2005 s model for 2500, he was asking 3000. It was a craigslist bike and it had 1500 miles on it. It was jetted with an rs-3 slip on, dynojet kit, ims tank, renthal bars, brand new 606s, metal handguards, etc. It was as clean as the one you have pictured. Once that roll of 100 bills is waiving around in your hand its hard for the seller to say no.I just happened to see it the first day he listed it and picked it up that night. I think I stole it at that price and I think you can get yours 2500 if you try the cash waive technique

Picked up my 04 for $2,900 on Craigslist in CA. But it was far from bone stock like this one. Mine came with Yosh RS-3, Hot Cams, 4.2g tank, MCCT, skid plates, Vapor computer, Battery Tender, FCR39 carb, suspension by RG3, Renthal bars & risers, extra tires, tubes and rack. It only had 4,200 miles on it. I think your prospect is a little high. Go by and see it and make him an offer of $2,500 max. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Whoa! Just phoned the guy to arrange a time to view the bike. And, according to him he doesn't own the bike and is selling it on behalf of someone else that had to move. ***!!!?? He says he has the title and the bike in his possession but does not own the bike. Something seems really weird about this whole scenerio. Just the way he talked and answered my questions he seemed really nervous or something.

Something doesn't feel right with this guy so I'm going to pass on this bike.

I'm not going to waste my time driving 2 hours one way to find the bike is stolen or something.

Thanx for the input though. If you guys see any other DRZ's, preferably in the Pacific Northwest, that are in good condition, shoot me a pm :thumbsup:

Looks barely used. But don't forget to factor in the costs for the paperwork and inspections to import into Canada. Customs will also hit you with GST and PST, which you would not pay on a used bike from a private seller in Canada.

Whoa! Just phoned the guy to arrange a time to view the bike. And, according to him he doesn't own the bike and is selling it on behalf of someone else that had to move. ***!!!?? He says he has the title and the bike in his possession but does not own the bike. Something seems really weird about this whole scenerio. Just the way he talked and answered my questions he seemed really nervous or something.

Something doesn't feel right with this guy so I'm going to pass on this bike.

I'm not going to waste my time driving 2 hours one way to find the bike is stolen or something.

Thanx for the input though. If you guys see any other DRZ's, preferably in the Pacific Northwest, that are in good condition, shoot me a pm :banana:

good call , if does not feel right don't get involved