Sign in to follow this  

Water in topend?

I got a little carried away detailing a new to me 2003 YZ250.

Long story- I removed the pipe and then covered the exhaust port by rubber banding a ziploc bag around it. I was using just a garden hose to wash. Anyways.......after drying her off, went to pull my homemade water keeper outer and notice a hole in the bag. :thumbsup:

Short story- I got water in my topend, does not seem to be alot, what do I do?

probably not an issue, get a couple buddies to pick up the rear and do a slow endo style move and see if any comes out. turn the bike one complete revolution. thats the quickest or pull the cylinder head (not cylinder) then flip the bike upside down.

Pull the sparkplug and leave the pipe off and kick it for about 2 mins. with the gas on. Assemble and start.

Edited by mihylo33

Pull the sparkplug and leave the pipe off and kick it for about 20 mins. with the gas on. Assemble and start.

why 20 min?? 5 kicks is more than enough:ride:

You really want to run the fuel through it and thoroughly flush it out. Ok so not 20 mins (lol) but more like 2.

Pull the sparkplug and leave the pipe off and kick it for about 2 mins. with the gas on. Assemble and start.

what this guy said.

you'll be fine.

:worthy:I did this, she's running fine now.......Thanks all!:banana: