Sign in to follow this  

Best Bang for my buck suspension revalve. WHO?

i have an 07 cr 125 and i weigh 185 c class and the suspension is much too soft blows through the stroke wayy too fast. i have my sag setup right. however id like to get it revalved. who has the best bang for my buck? and what prices am i looking at for a front and rear revalve. im read like 1k$ but thats way too much. i am not a vegetable i can work on my bikes so would it be logical to buy heavier springs and the proper tools or just have a local shop install the springs if need be? Finally does a revalve just consist of spring changes or do they change the valve things in there. not too knowledgable with suspension. sorry for all the questions at once thanks. :thumbsup:

You certainly need springs at your weight...with gear your pushing 200 (if that's without gear).

I would personally use .48 fork springs with you...and probably a 5.3 or 5.4 shock spring.

That alone would substantially improve your suspension.

If after that you felt it needed a revalve..go through with it, however you will be amazed the difference springs can make for you.

I dont know to much about the spring rates and such but I had my suspension done at ProValve for around $750. I got suspension set up for 210 lbs and re-valved. It was the best money ive ever spent on my bike.

Im here in Ontario and RG3 is quoting me $844 for a revalve and tune for racing and style. Includes new springs front and year, and everything else in between.

i paid $900 for springs and re valve at fc 2 weeks ago, haven`t ridden it yet

see thats a little much anyone know of a cheaper but proven company?

You get what you pay for. Your not going to find anything much cheaper than $750 shipped back to you. That's for a re-valve and re-spring front/rear. If you don't need springs, subtract about $100 from each end.

i have an 07 cr 125 and i weigh 185 c class and the suspension is much too soft blows through the stroke wayy too fast. i have my sag setup right. however id like to get it revalved. who has the best bang for my buck? and what prices am i looking at for a front and rear revalve. im read like 1k$ but thats way too much. i am not a vegetable i can work on my bikes so would it be logical to buy heavier springs and the proper tools or just have a local shop install the springs if need be? Finally does a revalve just consist of spring changes or do they change the valve things in there. not too knowledgable with suspension. sorry for all the questions at once thanks. :lol:

Question #1. Best bang for the buck? IMHO, Smart Performance products

and Kits.

Question#2 Who? Look under Smartperformanceinc.com contacts.

Question#3. What consists of a revalve? Well if your springs are correct thats half the battle there,like Harris mentioned, actually his approach is logical, spring first then test and make notes, Then revalve if needed. If your on a budget, I would do springs myself and then Install 215.Vm2.k5 liquid in your forks and shock. Revalves are the manipulation of Midvalve, basevalve shims and springs in the Mv and other things turners or builders like to do. You got to be careful, a lot of folks just manipulate the basevalve and call it done and charge you gobbs of money, which could be okay with the rider/tester! Smart Performance actually redesignes the mid and base valves through their kits.

Some say, you get what you pay for, not true IMHO. You can pay gobbs of money and get mush buckets. Like mog on here, he is a contributor and very smart about shim arrangements. He is on a conservative side as far as prices go over in the UK! If I lived over there and could not revalve my own stuff, I would have him do it in a heart beat. But some folks like the fancy stickers on their forks and pay out the wazzu for those stickers!

Hope this helps!:banana:

I agree with harrperf. Sounds like you need springs first. Money sounds like an issue for you, so getting the springs right might show that you don't need a revalve which is usually very expensive. Get the sag and bottomout issues addressed with the right springs front and rear, and then see if you need anything else. You can probably do the springs yourself, so all you'll pay for at this point are the springs.

I did a Race Tech Gold Valve mod to the front and rear of my bike myself. Their excellent instructions in text and video were very good and allowed a first-timer to get the job done without drama. Very little in special tools was required.

Do the springs first, then see how it performs.