help deciding what gaerne boot to buy

I been searching this site for info and i think i am going to get a pair of gaerne boots. My other brand option was alpinestars tech 7 which was due to pricing, no other reason.

I can try on tech 7s but not any high end gaerne boots and want to know what model to go with. I see sg10s are popular here. But also see they make the new g react, and gx 1 along with others but these seem to be what i see on this site talked about.

I am not a real serious rider and am just getting started in mx pretty much. Do i need a booot like a tech 7 or sg 10 or am i ok with going lower? Or should i not waste time wiht the lower end alpinestarts or gaerne booots? i really want the most comfy boot that give me the best feel on the bike. I have a pair of fox tracker boots now and hate the feel of them on the bike. I think my feet are in certain postions on the pegs and they are not.

Thanks for the help, i know the "what boot" thing has been talked about tons, but i dont undertant the difference in models and if its worth it to drop big money on certain model boots or not.

I have the SG10, and from the first time I put them on brand new, to when I use them now, it is like wearing a slipper. No effort putting the boot on or taking it off, and my feet stay nice and cozy. My feet also stay really nice and dry during any type of ride, I can even pressure wash my boots on my feet after a ride and not a have a drop get to my feet.

The extra protection the boot offers is also a big plus. I had one instance where my foot got caught on a rock or something and pulled it back and twisted my ankle. As it was happening I thought my ankle was going to break just the way my foot was twisting. Got away with only three broken toes and a broken metatarsel in my foot, and in 6 weeks I was fine. Compared to a broken ankle it's nothing. With how hard my foot hit the rock, I'm surprised I only had some minor fractures in my foot and I am glad I put down the money for the Gaerne's. Whether or not the boot made much of a difference, I feel as if the $$ I put into them was well justified.

The GX boots are good boots.I bought me Son a pair.They are comfortable and a good trail boot. I do know the protection level in a higher end boot is a lot better when compaired but all so a lot heaver. Before I ordered his boots I did some thread research on brands and sizeing. The Italian boots fit your normal show size.

Gaerne makes great boots. I can afford more expensive boots, but the more you pay, the heavier they get because of all the additional armor and hardware. I'm a mx'er and I like the GX-1 because they are lighter and last forever.

• 11 months later...

I read other people say they run big. I wear and 11 Nike shoe, so would I need a 10 or a 12 boot. Right now I wear a 12 in my Fox F3 boots and they fit perfect.

I too am debating If I want to get the G react boots or the SG10.

I read other people say they run big. I wear and 11 Nike shoe, so would I need a 10 or a 12 boot. Right now I wear a 12 in my Fox F3 boots and they fit perfect.

I too am debating If I want to get the G react boots or the SG10.

The last couple pair of Gaerne boots of mine have run true to street shoe size. I wear a 12 shoe and wear size 12 Gaerne boots. They use to run a size big, but not any more, in my experience.

anyone out there compared the gx-1 to the react boots? The gaerne reacts are slightly more expensive and advertise a "uni-pivot" design, but I can't see any sort of pivot in the boot from the exterior. I have only had tech 8's but the way I ride, boots don't last long so I'm looking for something a little more economical.

I have had the Reacts for about a week so far and love them. These things feel like bullet proof boots.

5516883220_0f04641092_z.jpg

I tried on the GX1's as well and they are great boots too. The difference between the Reacts and the GX1s is that the Reacts seem to have more flex and movement (they have a pivot on the ankle). Also the GX1s seemed a little more stiff (could be because they are brand new) and the Reacts fit true to size for me.

Between the Alpinestars and the Gaernes I say go with Gaerne. Gaernes quality seems to be much better IMO.